QV 13 August Flight change- help!

Super Terrier

All

Our tickets have just arrived. I have discovered the outward flight to Venice from LGW departs at 05.40 rather than 13.50.

We have received nothing by way of notification of this change until today. I had checked with my agent and even the carrier in April and everything agreed with the 13.50 departure.

Our plans are now a complete mess. We had a flight booked from the Isle of Man to LGW this will not meet the earlier departure.

Have you had this problem? What did you do please?

What would you do now?

Thx ST

All

Our tickets have just arrived. I have discovered the outward flight to Venice from LGW departs at 05.40 rather than 13.50.

We have received nothing by way of notification of this change until today. I had checked with my agent and even the carrier in April and everything agreed with the 13.50 departure.

Our plans are now a complete mess. We had a flight booked from the Isle of Man to LGW this will not meet the earlier departure.

Have you had this problem? What did you do please?

What would you do now?

Thx ST

We have had a similar problem with our flights from Idaho to LHR for our August 1st QV voyage out of Southampton. Our original flight was cancelled, and the airline randomly put us on another flight which would have resulted in a misconnection time for one of the legs of our journey. I looked at the schedule of flights on the airline's web site and saw that there was another flight that would work for us. When I called the airline I was told that we couldn't switch to that flight because we were using frequent flyer miles and there were no frequent flyer seats available. I then called their customer service department and explained the whole problem, including the need to be in Southampton in time to catch the QV and they were very helpful and switched us to a convenient flight.

If you booked through a travel agent they should be able to help you, or if not you could check the web site of the airline to see the schedule for that day and try contacting the airline yourself. Failing that, see if you could switch your flight from the Isle of Man to the evening before, and stay overnight at LGW. $$$$ (sorry I can't get the pound symbol to work on my computer today)!

Good luck!

Hi Safarigal.

The lack of notification beats me. Its shoddy stuff and someone is to blame for it. Either its Cunard or the Agent. Either way one of them has seen the last of me!

I didn't use FF miles although I could do. The nuisance factor is what really hurts. My DW will need to take a day unpaid too. If she can have the day that is!

Thank you for sharing the experience though. It sort of helps.

ST

Cunard or your travel agent must have received a change of schedule, but somehow they have failed to inform you until the tickets were issued.

If you get back to to basics the computer reservation system will state in the history of the booking when change was made.

Reint

Hi there,

I know of another couple from Edinburgh who were in the same position as you - Cunard owned up & took the blame, they have also now put them on a scheduled KLM flight to Venice via Amsterdam at no extra charge.......give them a call.

Good luck!

Archived