Bleu Cheese and Caesar Dressing

We were on Mariner in June and my kids loved the Bleu Cheese and Caesar dressings used on board. Does anyone if these are homemade or a particular brand. I would love to purchase and/or try to make them. I know I'm going out on a limb here, but if anyone knows the answer, it would someone on this great board!

My son liked the Caesar in the DR and loved it in Portofino. I had to laugh, though, when the preperation a la minute turned out to be assembling it with the premade dressing. I remember the days when a restaurant would start with rubbing the bowl with the garlic clove, mashing the anchovies, breaking the egg, etc. Now that was a la minute!

4 cloves garlic

3 T fresh lemon juice

6 Anchovy fillets, drained, or 2 tsp anchovy paste

2 T dijon mustard

2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

2 large egg yolks

Salt to taste

1 C (250 ml) extra-virgin olive oil

In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the oil. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. With the motor running, slowly add the oil. Adjust the seasoning. Transfer to a container. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

*This recipe is from the RC International Cookbook. I'll keep looking for the bleu cheese recipe:)

Ericka

Speaking of the salad dressings....the Thousand Island is the BEST I've ever had! Yeah, not the most healthiest, and probably has the most amount of fat/calories, but hey it's on a cruise, right?

If you come across the Thousand Island recipe, I would greatly appreciate it!

Chris

ericka..thanks for the caesar recipe. I can't wait to try it. I have to get to the grocery store since I don't keep anchovies on hand....lol. If you find the bleu cheese recipe, please forward that as well. Cruisingator...I'll try your brand in the meantime and see what the kids think. Thanks all....I love this board!

My son liked the Caesar in the DR and loved it in Portofino. I had to laugh, though, when the preperation a la minute turned out to be assembling it with the premade dressing. I remember the days when a restaurant would start with rubbing the bowl with the garlic clove, mashing the anchovies, breaking the egg, etc. Now that was a la minute!

There is a restaurant I go to here that still makes the caesar dressing fresh at the table. I love it.

Archived