Shopping in port in Belize?

Dannie138

We're thinking about doing a combo tubing/zipling excursion but I was wondering..when we get back (time permitting) is there somewhere near port to get a quick gift? Thanks

You cannot get away from shopping in any of the ports that we have been to. In Belize you tender into a virtual shoppers paradise with shops of all sorts right at the dock. You must traverse a maze of shops just to get out of the dock area.

P.S. If you see any good woodcarvings, please let me know.;)

THESE places...the building you walk through to get to the bus/tour/town..has many little shops: 1 pharmacy (low price meds), several with knock-off designer brand purses (belize is famous for the knock-offs), some jewelry. for the local vendors with local mercandise, outside the secure area, you will see a few booths.

some of the tours will do a rest-stop, usually near a friend's or families store.

in the secure area, of the belize port, there are several restaurants/bars...it's a good place to wind down (if you have the time) before you catch the tender back to the ship.

Thanks so much...what do they sell at this place?
You can get nearly anything inside the compound. I got some nice woodcarvings, an iguana and a toucan.

What tickled me was a sign in the pharmacy. Viagara: 30 pills for $90 or 1 pill for $4. Now that is a bargain anywhere.:D We figured that 30 pills would be a years supply.

We found a pretty, brightly flowered dress that had Latino written all over it. I looked at the label and it was made in China. I told Miss Ginger that we could buy it at home at the local Walmart.:eek:

Archived