Private car tours via Silversea

CASHIPman

My partner and I are sailing on the Silver Wind on 30NOV from Rio to Buenos Aires. We've looked at the tours offered for the call at Sao Paolo (Santos) and we're thinking we'd probably prefer a private car tour.

Does anyone have any experience booking private cars via the Tour Desk onboard Silversea?

Thanks!

Not a car but a private boat for a whole day snorkeling trip in Puket, Thailand. They faxed to the port agent to inquire for me. I happened to do the research beforehand, and had some names of operators there, though I didn't know which was good. The tour desk on the ship made arrangement for me with one of them. The one of the reasons I didn't book myself over internet was that by having the ship arrange, they'll wait if the boat got delayed coming back. I expected to pay premium for the services, but no, the tour desk didn't tack on anything above and beyond the price I saw on internet. Very nice of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the Buenos Aires to Rio sailing several years ago. There was a representative from Sterns (nice jewelery store in Brazil) on board. He offered a car/driver/guide to those passengers desiring such provided they visited the Sterns factory/store. The store visit could be quite short if one desired, but it was very interesting adn NO pressure so we staye awhile and made some purchases---also NOT required at all. I suggest emailing SS to see if they have a rep on your sailing. Our driver/guide was amazing! We did so much of the city (Rio) in one day! When we were in Santos, we stayed there and enjoyed the beach rather than going into SP. If I recall correctly, the ship tour was an all day bus drive....sounded taxing. If you do go into SP definately get a driver. Enjoy!

Archived