How much money for the day

smbier

We are sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas in August and plan on renting a jeep for the day in Cozumel. I am assuming that the rental fees will go on my credit card. (Is that correct?) My question in converting money for the day. What is the easiest way and about how much should I get? It will be my wife, daughter, and myself and we need money to eat lunch, get souvenirs and gas up the jeep. Any suggestions?

We are sailing on the Enchantment of the Seas in August and plan on renting a jeep for the day in Cozumel. I am assuming that the rental fees will go on my credit card. (Is that correct?) My question in converting money for the day. What is the easiest way and about how much should I get? It will be my wife, daughter, and myself and we need money to eat lunch, get souvenirs and gas up the jeep. Any suggestions?

Shop for and reserve your jeep rental on ine. You can find jeep rentals online for about $45. You may pay more on the island.

You can use US currency on Cozumel. Just take smaller bills so, in the event a vendor only has pesos, you will not be stuck with a bunch of money you can't use at home!

As for your questions, it is hard to say how much to bring. I guess that depends on how much shopping you expect to do. About a $100 would suffice for our family. :) Have a G~R~E~A~T trip!

Generally correct about the rental fees yes. As for lunch, souvenirs, and gassing up the jeep, all can be paid for with Pesos, and you can get Pesos dispensed at a number of HSBC locations, including one on Ave 5, between Calle 1 and Salas (I believe). There are other locations also, and you could also just get USD, but not sure if you will be able to gas up with USD.

Lunch, depending on how expensive you want to go, can be had for $30, just stay away from the chain restaurants, and their outrageously overpriced drinks, or just don't drink at all. All told, you would probably be safe with $150 (approx 1400 Pesos), but again all depends on how much you spend, drive, and how much you want to spend for lunch.

Archived