Aloha tower to Waikiki

scobby doo

We will be anchored at the Aloha Tower on oct18. There is four of us & plan to go to the Paridise Cove Luau. What would be the best mode of transportation to Waikiki? What would be the driving time? Does anyone know what hotels provide pickup to the PC Luau. Rccl excursion there is $121 & booking direct with the PC is $100. Is there any discounts available for the Luau. Thank you very much Ray

We will be anchored at the Aloha Tower on oct18. There is four of us & plan to go to the Paridise Cove Luau. What would be the best mode of transportation to Waikiki? What would be the driving time? Does anyone know what hotels provide pickup to the PC Luau. Rccl excursion there is $121 & booking direct with the PC is $100. Is there any discounts available for the Luau. Thank you very much Ray

Your best bet is to take the bus, free trolley or a cab to Ala Moana Hotel next to the famous shopping center. They will both pick you up and return you to the hotel. We took the free trolley over and a cab back since it was so late.

Once you are in Honolulu I would advise you to call PCC and verify your pickup time and info.

We have done this 3 times and it works out well.

Kakalina: thank you for the reply, but i was asking about the Paradise Cove Luau not the Polynesian Cultural Center. Sorry if i threw you off with PC.

Sorry, She got it mixed up it was Paradise Cove Luau, Never been to PCC.

Virgil

Paradise Cove provides transportation from some hotels. When you make the reservation you can select from a list. If your hotel is not listed you can call them and they can tell you the nearest pick-up point.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm not sure what you're asking about Waikiki. Paradise Cove is not at Waikiki, if that's what you're thinking. The Aloha Tower is somewhere between Paradise Cove and Waikiki, closer to Waikiki.

I think because Paradise Cove has complimentary pick-up at specific spots (mostly Waikiki hotels, I assume) to the luau. Otherwise, they'll have to pay for transportation to the luau, which would be more costly even than just taking a taxi to one of the pickup spots in Waikiki. Using The Bus would save even more money, but takes more time. We'd probably bus from the pier to the pickup spot and then taxi back to the pier after being dropped off. (I'm not much for taking the buses late at night; plus they'll likely be a tad tired after the luau and not want to wait around for the bus. YMMV.)

beachchick

I think because Paradise Cove has complimentary pick-up at specific spots (mostly Waikiki hotels, I assume) to the luau. Otherwise, they'll have to pay for transportation to the luau, which would be more costly even than just taking a taxi to one of the pickup spots in Waikiki. Using The Bus would save even more money, but takes more time. We'd probably bus from the pier to the pickup spot and then taxi back to the pier after being dropped off. (I'm not much for taking the buses late at night; plus they'll likely be a tad tired after the luau and not want to wait around for the bus. YMMV.)

beachchick

Makes sense to me! Also, doing anything other than taking a taxi directly back to the pier after the luau might take too much time, depending on when the OP's ship sails.

Makes sense to me! Also, doing anything other than taking a taxi directly back to the pier after the luau might take too much time, depending on when the OP's ship sails.

That's an excellent point. It would really stink to miss the ship while trying to save a few $$ by taking the bus back to the pier.

beachchick

Archived