Miami Embarkation

neptune18

Once checked in, will they allow me to get off the ship to go to a store, etc.?

As long as you're back on 2 hours prior to sailing, yes. Depending on what items you are looking for there really aren't many stores around the Port.

There is the Bayside Market Area - but if your looking for a convenience store you will be SOL in that area.

You may have a bit of a problem getting a cab, depending on what time you try to go back into town.

Also, be aware that if you're only going to Bayside or thereabouts, many cabdrivers are reluctant, or will refuse, to take you because they're looking for a longer haul.

When we wanted to go to Bayside between 2 B2B cruises, my friend started telling cabdrivers we were going somewhere else, only to yell, "Stop!" when they got near Bayside so we could jump out, pay them, and run like heck as they screamed at us for tricking them. :eek:

You might be better off to just do your shopping before you reach the ship and then stay onboard. (Of course, that poses the problem of trusting a cab driver with your luggage while he waits for you.)

There's a food court on the upper level at Bayside where I'm sure you could get a few bottles of water, but if you're talking about lugging a case on board, I don't think so.

Bayside is a tourist trap, so I don't know that you could get bottles of wine there, nor what quality of wine you have in mind. However, from Bayside I remember walking across the street (Flagler St., maybe?) and visiting a Walgreen's and other stores. Regular downtown Miami is right nearby.

You might want to go to Walgreen's Web site and look up Miami addresses, then Mapquest it from Bayside to find out distances.

Karen

Are there any places to get water or wine at Bayside?

There is a nice Target to get those items just a few miles north of the Port of Miami.

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived