Drink Potency

ParrotHeadFL

Hmmm, I didn't find them very strong at all... We gave some of the bartenders a little extra to "hook the drinks up" :D We found that the frozen drinks were the least potent... but some of the cocktails were comparable to your typical bar... You can order doubles as well :D

Up until my last cruise (a month ago), Carnival had the weakest drinks you can possibly imagine. Actually, they were nothing but a waste of money. I'm not sure what happened but last month on the Elation I could actually taste the booze & it was soooooo nice. I don't know if Carnival has upped the amount of liquor they put in drinks or if Elation just has better bar tenders.

Just curious... How strong do the drinks tend to be on Carnival ships?

If you order from a waiter, you get a lousy drink.If you order from the bar you get a good drink.

Next cruise order a hard drink from a waiter and then go straight to the bar and see which is stronger. I discovered this a few years back and it is so true.

It must be a tip thing.

Steve

I think that the bartenders are much less rushed. I think that the wait staff goes into their 'pantry' to make all of their own drinks and they are more concerned about speed than anything...it takes the liquor much longer to come out than it does most mixers...the drinks at the cocktail hours are pretty tasteless as well unless you go to the bar...the drink of the day are made in jugs and just poured into glasses, who knows how much or the quality of booze in those things...

The drinks on the Fascination seemed pretty weak. I don't drink very much and can usually tell that I've had a drinks after the third one. I had at least four during the captain's reception another at dinner and a couple more during the show after dinner and couldn't tell that I had had any alcoholic beverages. That's pretty weak, in my opinion.

Archived