Question about Century Cabins

twinkle toes

My family and I are planning to take a cruise on Century, but don't know which cabins to reserve. I'm not an ultimate penny pincher, but I do like to save money. I am open to a veranda, or oceanview cabin, but don't want an interior cabin or an expensive suite, so, with that in mind, I have these questions.

1) If you had the ability to reserve any cabin on the decks below the entertainment deck, which area would you reserve, and which would you avoid, for whatever reason.

2) If you had the ability to reserve any veranda cabin on the decks above the entertainment deck, which area would you reserve, and which would you avoid, for whatever reason.

This boat really appeals to me from what I can gather from Celebrity Cruises website, though the layout seems odd in having a distinct separation, or division between the balcony suites and the window suites below.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

I like to book a veranda on the highest floor I can. We usually stay right under the resort deck. (Pool deck) Some people complain that the noise from above bothers them, but I have never been bothered by any noise coming from the pool deck.

We had a balcony cabin on deck 8 slightly aft of mid ship that seemed to work out quite well. Easy access up to the pool and buffet (we typically take the stairs) and down to the restaurant. We never had any noise issues.

I took the century last year to Scotland and Ireland. It is one of my favorite ships. I had a century suite on the back of the boat category NS It was amazing. I do not like being underneath the pool or the resturant because I do find that they are noisy at night and early morning. It sounds like somthing to do with setting up since you don't usually hear the noise during the day. If given a choice I would try to get one near an elevator since sometimes the walk down the hall can be really long especially when you are running late or forgot something. I have only been on a low deck once but, not on this ship, and because we were on the dock side found it to be noisywhen we docked .Also when we docked people could look in your cabin which I didn't like. I don't know where you going so I don't know if this would be a problem.

On our upcoming Century cruise in September we are in a 2A cat Balcony cabin on the Panorama deck. On the Century 2A and CC veranda cabins are the exact same size and layout. I am not a fan of CC as I do not see the value of the few benefits offered worth the extra cost. Our cruise is a 10 day Med. cruise and when we booked the 2A cabin was $300pp less in cost. $600 per cabin is a lot to pay for a larger breakfast, pillow and linen menu, and for personalized stationery and key-holders. They also promise other benefits that many do not always get on CC bookings. As a Captains Club members we already get some of the featured benefits of CC cabins.:p

I would vote for a verandah. I don't have much to say about the location, since on both of our cruises we were midships.

Century's cabins, IMO, while somewhat smaller, are layed out very well. If you're willing to pay extra for ConciergeClass, go for it! Otherwise, just stick with the average verandah stateroom.

My Dh and I always get a veranda cabin. Once we decide which category we want (regular veranda, CC or suite), we then ask for a cabin with the largest veranda in that category. We very mucy enjoy sitting on the veranda and reading, relaxing or having a drink. (And I like to sit on a chaise lounge, not a regular chair.)

8/99 Alaska Celebrity

8/01 Scandinavia/Russia Princess

1/05 Western Carribean Celebrity

10/05 Hawaii Norwegian

1/07 Panama Canal Celebrity

8/07 Hawaii Norwegian

1/08 South America – Celebrity

Archived