Princess Insurance

septrack

Has anyone when booking through an online agency been charged above the cost for PCL insurance as shown on the Princess website. Just received an invoice after I asked for the Insurance to be added. Total cruise costs after all fees was $2962 for 2pax. They charged $99 for pax1 and $129 for pax 2. Per Princess site cost S/B $99pp for cruise fares of $1500 or less pp. Just wondering if thats a profit center?

TIA

Doesn't sound right to me. I am assuming that both passengers have the same benefits (e.g. if Elite or Platinum, the upgrade to Travel Care Gold (or deluxe) is automatic.) If one of the passengers wasn't eligible for the upgrade then extra cost might be there...

All of our cruises have had the same price for each of us for insurance. The only time I saw a difference was when they had the wrong Captain's Circle number for me, and I wasn't listed as Platinum.

Doesn't sound right to me. I am assuming that both passengers have the same benefits (e.g. if Elite or Platinum, the upgrade to Travel Care Gold (or deluxe) is automatic.) If one of the passengers wasn't eligible for the upgrade and extra cost might be there...

All of our cruises have had the same price for each of us for insurance. The only time I saw a difference was when they had lost my cruise history...

I had emailed them to ask the cost and they said $129pp. Once I noticed the discrepancy, I emailed them of the issue, and I thought they accidentally quoted the $1500+pp price of $129. Then they charged one at $99 and one at $129. Only reason I can think of is they need to make the extra $30. I've emailed them again for an explanation, but won't hear till tomorrow.

Archived