Sotos, Nativeway, Moby Dick...Help me decide!

LisaRhea

• 1 month later...

DD and I took the RRR tour in January. It was wonderful!

Our guide was Captain Chris on the "Trippin Out". There were only about 16-18 people on the tour.

Like many people, I was not interested in the sting rays, but really enjoyed that part when we got there. We arrived early and found a spot far from the big crowded tour boats.

I snorkeled for the first time on that tour. The reef was beautiful and we were the only ones. First time snorklers, remember not to gasp in awe of the undersea beauty. Seawater is nasty....:o

We ordered food on the boat and it was ready and hot when we arrived. at Rum Point Beach We had about 1.5 hours there. The beach had beautiful sand, clear blue water and a lounge chair with my name on it. The picture I took of the pier is my wall paper at work and on my refridgerator at home.

When we go back in January, we will probably do this tour again. Next time I am going to parasail or jet ski.

My Pier:

2545800810102913711S200x200Q85.jpg

Here is a picture of Captain Chris:

2124350390102913711S200x200Q85.jpg

Our guide was Captain Chris on the "Trippin Out". There were only about 16-18 people on the tour.

Like many people, I was not interested in the sting rays, but really enjoyed that part when we got there. We arrived early and found a spot far from the big crowded tour boats.

I snorkeled for the first time on that tour. The reef was beautiful and we were the only ones. First time snorklers, remember not to gasp in awe of the undersea beauty. Seawater is nasty....:o

We ordered food on the boat and it was ready and hot when we arrived. at Rum Point Beach We had about 1.5 hours there. The beach had beautiful sand, clear blue water and a lounge chair with my name on it. The picture I took of the pier is my wall paper at work and on my refridgerator at home.

When we go back in January, we will probably do this tour again. Next time I am going to parasail or jet ski.

We did this same tour in 2006 and it was wonderful! It was so good, in fact, that we are doing the exact same one again in Feb of 09. This next time we will have additional family members along. We can't wait....it was awesome!

We sailed Legen 9/28 and did Sting Ray, snorkeling and Rum Point with Nativeway for $60 pp this included an awesome lunch at Rum Point. You order on the boat and Capt Chris calls it in so it is ready when you arrive!

There was a wide menu to select from DH had jerk pork, with beans and rice and I had blackened maui which was awesome and ice tea or water and fries came with the mean.

Rum Point is very nice and other beverages and treats are available for an additional charge.

I would highly recommend Nativeway. We booked online and paid the day of the tour. It was not a cattle call boat and the snorkeling was just awesome.

We saw numerous other tours at Sting Ray City that were defintely cattle call boats. We had cruisers from several different ships on our tour and it worked out great!

My vote goes to Capt. Bryan. We used them for the second time last week and once again they were great. They use a catamaran instead of a motorboat which I prefer and the guide was the same as when we were there 3 years ago, which says something for the company. He knows where there is an eel at the snorkel site and it comes out to see him and be fed. We named him (the eel) Charlie and their favorite ray is Samantha. Sailing back is great!!!

My vote goes to Capt. Bryan. We used them for the second time last week and once again they were great. They use a catamaran instead of a motorboat which I prefer and the guide was the same as when we were there 3 years ago, which says something for the company. He knows where there is an eel at the snorkel site and it comes out to see him and be fed. We named him (the eel) Charlie and their favorite ray is Samantha. Sailing back is great!!!

How did you get a hold of Captain Bryan's? I emailed him but he never got back to me.

I tried to book with nativeway for Jan 6th but they said they are already full! Are their boats small? I can't believe they'd be booked already. Oh well.

My Pier:

2545800810102913711S200x200Q85.jpg

Here is a picture of Captain Chris:

2124350390102913711S200x200Q85.jpg

What hours were you in port? I would love to do the snorkeling/Rum Point combo but I will only be in port 7-2 local time. Will that work?

How did you get a hold of Captain Bryan's? I emailed him but he never got back to me.

I tried to book with nativeway for Jan 6th but they said they are already full! Are their boats small? I can't believe they'd be booked already. Oh well.

We got the same response for March. I think we will use Moby Dick. They got back with me quickly and answered all of my questions.

It took them several days to get back to me also - said they were full.

Bummer.

• 5 months later...

I wanted to follow-up for anyone who is asking the same question. We booked with Nativeway and had an awesome experience. Because there were so many of us (around 30), we charted one of their boats and we all went together to Stingray City and then to the Starfish garden. They were VERY attentive and took great care of us.

While we were at Stingray city, they made sure our group stayed together and helped even the most timid in our group touch a stingray. They didn't force him, but gently talked this young man, who has disabilites, through his fear so that he had a wonderful experience! And, when an "adverturesome" young adult tried to barge into our group because we had MANY rays around us, they kindly asked that they return to their own tour group. Because half of our group consisted of children, there were lots of questions about the equipment and sea-life. They answered every question our children had and did a great job educating the kids (and adults!) on how to use the equipment.

The guides were friendly and knowledgable about many topics - we talked religion, politics, world events and even some 'non-sense' on the way to and from our adventure. They were well-versed in every subject and lauged with us alot! I would definitely book with them again.

Archived