Maasdam - Formal Night Dinner Menu

4_THE_HALIBUT

Does anyone know what the formal night dinner menu is in the dining room? I'm trying to decide if I want to pack formal wear. When I went to Alaska last year, we just did one formal night for the crab legs; the other night we had lobster delivered to our room. Since we will essentially be in lobster country, I'm sure I'll be eating my fair share in ports.

1st formal night entrees on most ships:

Entrees

Rigatoni with Roasted Garlic - tossed with a hearty mix of ripe tomato, shallots, olive oil, chopped parsley, capers, broccoli and mushrooms, finished with a parmigiano reggiano cream

Steamed Alaskan King Crab Legs - in an aromatic fish broth with delicate vegetable julienne, served with fresh drawn butter

Sautéed Unicorn - with English pea and wild mushroom ragout, Jerusalem artichoke mousseline and truffle-scented beurre blanc sauce

Oven Roasted New Zealand Rack of Lamb - rubbed with Dijon mustard and fragrant garlic herb crumbs, served with a full-flavored pinot noir sauce, minted virgin olive oil, ratatouille, asparagus and garlic potato gratin

Fillet of Beef Wellington - mouthwatering tenderloin of beef topped with duxelles of duck liver and mushrooms, wrapped in puff pastry, served on a mirror of Madeira sauce with duchesse potatoes and a medley of green asparagus and Chinese pea pods

Seared Beef Tataki Salad - grilled seared striploin served rare, presented with avocado, tomato and mixed greens tossed wasabi vinaigrette

Piccata of Vegetables - dipped and coated with a parmesan cheese batter, lightly sautéed and served with couscous and marinara sauce

2nd for night entrees on most ships:

Entrees

Farfalle with Grilled Portobello Mushrooms - tossed in a light pesto sauce with plump tomatoes and mozzarella ball

Cog au Vin a classic French favorite, chicken braised in rich red wine sauce with mushrooms and onions, served with pappardelle noodles

Rock Fish with Lime Aioli - rock fish sautéed in olive oil and topped with diced ripe tomato and avocado, drizzled with lime aioli and served with Vichy carrots, steamed broccoli and jasmine-raisin rice

Surf and Turf - 6 oz filet mignon and a lobster tail with herb garlic butter on a rice pilaf surrounded with an array of sautéed vegetables

Braised Osso Buco - this Italian favorite features a tender veal shank slow-simmered in white wine and fresh tomato sauce with a zesty lemon-garlic finish, served with mushroom risotto

Pacific Rim Salad - slices of grilled chicken breast layered with lettuce, cucumber, green onion, pepper, green beans, mango, crisp wonton, macadamia nuts and sesame seeds, tossed in vinaigrette

Curried Vegetable Cutlet - minced peak-season vegetables flavored with Indian spices and sautéed to a golden brown, served with garbanzo beans in fresh tomato sauce and soy-splashed baby bok choy

It used to be that on some formal nights one of the selections was two lobster tails. I used to have to order two meals, the lobster tail entree and the steak entree if I wanted surf and turf. Now they've combined them. I still can't believe I used to order two entrees.

Sautéed Unicorn - with English pea and wild mushroom ragout, Jerusalem artichoke mousseline and truffle-scented beurre blanc sauce

Really??! Now, I'm excited!

(Seriously, thanks for posting the menus. I appreciate it.)

It used to be that on some formal nights one of the selections was two lobster tails. I used to have to order two meals, the lobster tail entree and the steak entree if I wanted surf and turf. Now they've combined them. I still can't believe I used to order two entrees.

I remember those days -- and they were BIG lobster tails!!

Archived