Current Movies on Cruises

drdoak

Can anyone tell me what movies are showing on Princess at the moment. I am sailing on the Crown in a few days and would be interested to know what films they have been showing recently that I might expect to see.

There is really know way of knowing that ahead of time except maybe that someone just got off of the Crown. But you said you are leaving in a few days so when they get off you get on so I guess if someone should see this who got off a week or so ago but then that is no guarantee that they will have the same movies either.

Marilyn

I agree with Marilyn, but you can be assured the movies are new releases and most are for PG-13 and below. When we cruised in April on the Grand, we saw several movies that I can't think of now that we had heard advertised in theaters recently. The movies they show in the theatre during the day will be on TV in your cabin the day after that and repeated.

Can anyone tell me what movies are showing on Princess at the moment. I am sailing on the Crown in a few days and would be interested to know what films they have been showing recently that I might expect to see.
It has been my observation that MUTS will usually be showing movies that are recent releases on DVD. So if you really must know in advance, check your local video store.

On several cruises I purchased first day DVD releases in the weeks preceeding the cruise, and the same movie was on the cruise. This included Harry Potter, Spiderman II, Master and Commander. So if you are buying or renting movies in the month before the cruise you may see the same thing being shown onboard.

They do not play movies currently in major theaters.

During the day they will be showing older, more G/PG rated movies like Finding Nemo, Cars, even Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark and Harry Potter (latest movie).

I was on the Golden last week and they showed 21, No Reservations, That terrible movie with Hilary Swank where she loses her Irish husband and goes to Ireland because of letters he left her?- Dont remember the name-

I was on the Golden last week and they showed 21, No Reservations, That terrible movie with Hilary Swank where she loses her Irish husband and goes to Ireland because of letters he left her?- Dont remember the name-

PS I Love U. And yes, it was awful.

I also recall Bourne Ultimatum, I am Legend, that movie with the ugly duckling little girl who enters the beauty pageant, and maybe There Will Be Blood?

There are so many movie channels on the TV, it's hard to keep track. There's the official movies on the MUTS or Princess Theater which then gets replayed on the TV the next day. Then there's also the family movie channel and the romance movie channel. I know Bee Movie was constantly on the family channel, and the romance channel had at least Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Best Friends Wedding, and some movie where Uma Thurman is sleeping with a guy who unbeknownest to her is her therapist's son.

How would a cruiseline even get access to a movie currently being shown in theaters? I didn't know they did that.

Perhaps the guest confused Hancock with I Am Legend, which was indeed shown last week. Both star Will Smith, and both have him as some kind of action hero.

How would a cruiseline even get access to a movie currently being shown in theaters? I didn't know they did that.

Perhaps the guest confused Hancock with I Am Legend, which was indeed shown last week. Both star Will Smith, and both have him as some kind of action hero.

Or perhaps I confused hancock with i am legend!!! In fact you are right! I did!

I am legend was one I read from a review here are some more....

"""each movie shown (i also wast there for each of these, but here is what i remember from the patter: ratatouille, dreamgirls, RV, must love dogs, ps i love you, tina turner concert, u2 concert, wild hogs, one of the spiderman and pirates of the caribbean moves, transformers, bucket list"""""

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=812380

I believe Bucket List and Transformers were definitely among the "feature" movies - the ones they show at MUTS or in the theater and then re-run the next day. I know Spider Man 3 was on MUTS during the day. As were some "oldies" - Grease, Top Gun and much to my delight, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

Thank you very much for all your replies. Sounds like there are a few things that might be worth having a look at. Last time we cruised we didnt know what the movies where about before we went to see them so I just wanted to see if I could get some titles so I could have a look at what they were about before we went. Thanks again for your help:)

the rocky horror picture show!!!! woohoo

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN :)

IF you have never seen this cult classic...it is much better with the live show, props and tag lines being spewed. I know on our cruise, when we stood up to do the time warp, squirt water and throw toilet paper People gave us dirty looks..They have no idea what they were missing. The bar staff however laughed their butts off

*sweet*

My husband & I will be on the Ruby Princess' Feb.14th cruise and were wondering about MUTS. We figure that movies currently in the theaters will be coming out on DVD in 6 months. Those that are family-friendly will probably be chosen (ie. Mama Mia, Wall-E, Journey to the Center of the Earth,.....) over something like "The Dark Knight".

event.png

There are definitely family friendly films during the day shown on MUTS (although ironically, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Doom was the movie that brought about the PG 13 rating because so many kids were terrified at the live heart ripping out scenes).

At night though, I think anything goes. They showed "I Am Legend" which is an action movie about zombies. "The Bucket List" is about two older men who meet as roommates in the terminal patient ward. Not exactly family-friendly.

Cruise lines can get access to current movies for a price I am sure (just as a movie theatre gets access to a movie). On DCL we saw a first run movie Invincible (a Disney movie however so that may have something to do with it) as it was just released in theatres.

RHPS

To bad you can't find this as much as you once did. Since i am heading to Alaska, i doubt that RHPS is on the rota. Don't think the blue haired crowd is into throwing topast and dancing on the walls.

HUH???? :confused:

pia: RHPS is the rocky horror picture show!

i am hoping it will be on the carib princess in dec...I intoduced it to my cruisemates and now they REALLY think i have lost my mind :D

Toucha toucha toucha touch me I wanna feel diiiirty....

dammit janet..i love youuuuu...

*sweet*

the rocky horror picture show!!!! woohoo

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN :)

IF you have never seen this cult classic...it is much better with the live show, props and tag lines being spewed. I know on our cruise, when we stood up to do the time warp, squirt water and throw toilet paper People gave us dirty looks..They have no idea what they were missing. The bar staff however laughed their butts off

*sweet*

OK that's pretty funny. You didn't throw any food, did you?

(Seriously, I had friends who worked at the movie theaters when RHPS was at its peak. They HATED that movie. Well, they hated the cleanup anyway.)

On the deck above the Lido and center.

i agree this is a great spot until 20 minutes into the movie it begins to rain and you have to run for cover and miss the rest of the movie !!! Oh well, all the other nights it was great.

Archived