New to Cruising, is There Anything You Do Not Like?

jencredible

I agree with those who said the debarkation so early in the morning. Again, I completely understand why they need to get everyone up so early to get off the ship but I really don't like that part. Everything else I love. We were just in Disney and I was so tired by the end of the trip. I don't ever want to do a non-cruise vacation again.

We went to the art auction before it started long enough to get a glass of champagne :D

What I don't like is having to leave! Actually, the only thing that really bothers me is other passengers when they complain constantly for absolutely nothing or think that they can do whatever they want. As far as everything else, I'm on a cruise and life is good!

Now on to that thing about nude in the public hot tub LOL...can someone say pass the chlorine please, not sure I am ready to know what is really going on under all those bubbles :D :D :D

Why would you think that clothing would make a difference as to what, if anything, went on in a hot tub?

Now on to that thing about nude in the public hot tub LOL...can someone say pass the chlorine please, not sure I am ready to know what is really going on under all those bubbles :D :D :D

Why would you think that clothing would make a difference as to what, if anything, went on in a hot tub?

if we re going to go in that direction..then how about

a adult s only strip club..it could open a midnite..:o

other than that..i d like to board with faster moving line s..

I wasn't going in that direction. I just don't like to be in water with clothes on. It's like taking a bath in your underwear.

I really don't enjoy doing the muster drill, but I do, so I can cruise!

I don't like having limits on packing for the cruise (air lines), but I do so I can cruise!

I don't like leaving my pets, but I do so I can cruise!

I don't like the way most cruise lines are set up for laundry. HAL has unlimited laundry for a set price, and I wish all lines would go that way.

I don't like interior cabins.

I prefer balconies, so I guess I don't like ocean view cabins.

I don't like the limited menus for room service.

I don't like coming home the day I get off of the ship.

I don't like it when ship libraries have wierd hours and just aren't open all of the time.

I don't like fruit and vegetables, and they put them in all of the food, but I just pick around it so I can cruise!

I don't like paying for my cruises...

But I love cruising,

Shay

My husband & I will be going on our first cruise, 10/12/08 on the Valor, and are extremely excited. We haven't even cruised yet, but we are talking about where to go for our next, so we are obviously addicted-already!:p

These boards have been so much help, and I am subscribed to SO many threads, I just want to learn everything I can in preperation!

I was curious though- I've read about so many wonderful aspects of cruising-is there anything that you don't like? Obviously nothing enough to keep you from cruising, but something you wish would be different?

There are two, muster-drill and debarkation. I have never wanted to leave at the end of our cruises. :p

Luv's Crusin'

Don't like is too strong a term, but one thing that surprised me on my first cruise is how crowded the ship is. Cabins are tiny, and you are usually elbow to elbow with lots of others. But most folks are friendly, and we have made some good friends on the cruises we have taken. The only other thing is not being able to get a decent glass of iced tea. Mixing it half with lemonade gets me by though. By far the plusses far outweigh the minuses.

Things I don't like on a cruise:

Bingo

Tendering

Ships without anytime dining

Having to go through customs on the ship

Repacking the last day of the cruise

The debarkation process

Oohh, the dreaded "finger snappers". I can't stand them either. That is not the way to get a crew member's attention.

I used to wait tables and that was the fastest way to get me to ignore you. I am not a dog. :p

I'm a dog and snapping your fingers at me will still get you ignored!:D

Debarkation. No matter which port...it stinks! Of course.....That could also have something to do with the fact that my vacation is over! :mad:

Don't look at it as your vacation being over, look at it as an opportunity to plan another cruise!

I don't like being in the vicinity of whiners/complainers, they have no idea how foolish they look/sound

+1..heard while waiting for a tender..*HCL is never this slow*

again waiting for main dining to open the door, it was the same guy..

*HCL did nt have this problem*..and i overheard someone say*who

give s a hoot what you have to say..:D

i wish everyone would just hold their comment s in their cabin :cool:

...Parents who think the minute they step on board relinquish all parental responsibility!!!!!!!!!

Screaming kids in the dinning room

Screaming adults in the dinning room

Kids in the hot tubs

kids in diapers in the hot tub/pools

Adults who should be in diapers because they act like such children

Women who wave the smoke away or hold their nose as they sit in or walk through a smoking section...( i have never seen a man do it) .. It would kind of be like me walking into the cigar bar and telling them it smells...

People who think that it is inappropriate if someone is not in a tux or gown on elegant nights on Carnival

Archived