Proper Attire For Dining Room

Hapinowagain2

Yes polo shirts are fine for men. My DH wore them every evening except for formal. Women can wear dresses or a nice pantsuit, or trousers with a nice sweater or blouse.

Marilyn

Guys can wear golf shirts with short sleeves? That means Lacoste polos etc.(they are very informal in my opinion)? I told my BF that he could only wear nice button downs with black pants etc. I think I have made him pack way to dressy. I just think that my sundresses are quite dressy for the casual nights, so I want us to match!

We will be on the Coral Princess on Dec. 10 doing anytime dining. With the exception of formal nights what is the proper dress for men? Are golf shirts with collars acceptable? Of course, we know no shorts. Please help.

Your cat makes me want to get up and dance image.php?u=104900&dateline=1098144541

Guys can wear golf shirts with short sleeves? That means Lacoste polos etc.(they are very informal in my opinion)? I told my BF that he could only wear nice button downs with black pants etc. I think I have made him pack way to dressy. I just think that my sundresses are quite dressy for the casual nights, so I want us to match!

Most men on cruises that are not European or Exotic wear polos/ sport shirts and Dockers for dinner. Those on European or Exotic cruises tend to wear more dressy shirts, silk, etc., and slacks. Those that wear shorts or jean during the day tend to dress up more for dinner and those that wear polos and Dockers during the day usually don't change for dinner. Most men wear what they feel comfortable wearing and either is appropriate.

Women tend to dress more for dinner. There are many wearing nice pants and sweater/blouses but you will also see every thing from cotton capri/blouse to sundresses and semi-formal outfits. On the majority of the ships the dining rooms and inside the ship tend to be cold and sundresses that feel comfortable out on deck frequently require a shawl or sweater over them inside. You see a lot of shawls on formal night also.

Interesting that the few who read these boards are more concerned with proper dining room attire than the other hundreds on the cruise.

Archived