"Do not upgrade" request?

We finally booked JS 1100 on Radiance for Alaska in '09. Last time we were booked on an aft JS we were upgraded to a GS without being "asked". This time, however, we don't want to be moved.

Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

Have you requested not to be "upgraded"?

I did also because within a couple of days of booking 9260 I got 3 separate calls wanting to know if I would give up my room, I said no and spoke to a supervisor insisting no one else call me trying to steal my room since it was for the Panama canal and I wanted that aft cabin.

I did also because within a couple of days of booking 9260 I got 3 separate calls wanting to know if I would give up my room, I said no and spoke to a supervisor insisting no one else call me trying to steal my room since it was for the Panama canal and I wanted that aft cabin.

They never asked us if we wanted a change. The GS was great for the Med, but for Alaska and the Panama Canal I want my AFT!

I noticed when booking on Travelocity (Princess) they had a place to check if you did not want to be moved...

That is why a asked for no upgrade. I was on a Panama Canal cruise and I had a forward facing balcony. All the upgrades except one would have put me in a side facing balcony.

Here is a link to about 200 photos I took while going through the Panama Canal ...

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562720921fzjepy

Here are some photos of my balcony ...

Mine is the bottom row, third one in from the port side ...

IMG_4703.jpg

9500balconypan.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3280.jpg

They never asked us if we wanted a change. The GS was great for the Med, but for Alaska and the Panama Canal I want my AFT!

I noticed when booking on Travelocity (Princess) they had a place to check if you did not want to be moved...

I think it was a fluke that I got the calls frankly but I was glad I did as I wanted to have this view during breakfast on the balcony

IMG_1602.jpg

or

IMG_1628.jpg

I think it was a fluke that I got the calls frankly but I was glad I did as I wanted to have this view during breakfast on the balcony

IMG_1602.jpg

or

IMG_1628.jpg

You wanted to look at some guy's bald head? :eek:

On our last cruise we were upgraded from a D1 to a JS. Nice upgrade.....except our D1 was on the hump and I loved the location and the JS was all the way at the back of the ship, but not aft. 3 from the end on the starboard side. We did not get a phone call or anything and when I called my TA in a panic she hadn't been contacted either. We decided that since it was a 14 night cruise we would go with the JS for the extra space, but it was not an ideal location (noise from the WJ galley at 4 am).

So when we booked our Canada/NE cruise (trying again for the hump cabin) I had the TA tell RCL "no upgrade" and the rep she was speaking to acted like they NEVER give upgrades, and definitely not without contacting someone first. But I know from experience that they do.

We had two times they tried to upgrade us whe we specifically said do not move, no upgrade. We receive an email from them saying they changed our cabin from the exact center of the ship to the total front. I called up and they said they could not move it back. After speaking to the third supervisor and he saw it said do not move, no upgrade, they moved us back and gave us a $50 onboard credit for the inconvenience. Another time we were in an inside room with no upgrade (trip through Alaska) and they sent us an inquiry if we would like to upgrade to a balcony with an obstructed view instead of the inside room. I jumped on that immediately. The obstruction was the gangplank they rolled over to aloow everyone to get off. We just made sure the blinds were drawn when we were "busy".

Archived