C&A status & invites to special events?

Hi

Just a little curious... I know that some Crown & Anchor members (with high status - i.e. lots of cruises) get invited to special events (like maiden/review voyages).

How much C&A status do you generally need to get this sort of invitation? And does country of residence matter?

We will be Diamond after the next cruise (so mere C&A babies really) and live in the UK. I am just wondering if we might one day be lucky enough to get invited to something interesting or will we have to wait until Diamond+?

Thanks

Boo

To get a D+ invitation to the Liberty pre-inaugural, you needed to have about 38 cruise credits. Oasis is much larger, so I'm thinking the number of credits required will be less, since there aren't that many people cruising 10 times a years or earning 2 credits at a time who will get to that number.

There was a small group of people who were dubbed "Royal Champions" for their posts on Cruise Critics who were also invited - we don't really know what the criteria for selection were - some had tons of posts, some quite a lot fewer, but were mainly complimentary and "helpful":p posts. We were allowed to bring one adult guest with us.

Our cruise had more travel agents than any other group, as a major purpose of course it to show off the bells and whistles.

Your TA can offer to take you.

TA? What TA? Rightly or wrongly, I always book directly with RCCL ;)

Will keep my fingers crossed (ok we cheat though - we will be diamond with all JSs or avbove): a pre-inaugural would be really interesting :)

The upgrade fairy doesn't bother me, but I wouldn't mind getting to know the "pre-inaugural fairy" (since that is something that you cannot buy).

Boo

LOL....well you need to make friends with a TA. Or UK RCCL. :D

I am always lovely and polite to RCCL UK (normally book by phone), but alas I tend to deal with a different agent every time. The last cruise that I took I booked two OSs and two GSs (even if it was only for a 4day med cruise). Have also recently booked a 7 night Caribbean cruise for my Mum and her cousin (which shows up under my booking because I booked it) and a different 7 night Caribbean cruise (OS) for us. So RCCL UK does pretty well out of us (in addition to the cruises that we actually take), BUT I doubt it gets noticed...

Will keep plodding along (towards and, hopefully, beyond the distant goal of Diamond+) and keep my fingers crossed the fate smiles on us one day :)

Boo

I would tend to believe that most of the invitees to pre-inaugurals are from the US because even though they are receiving a 2 day "free" cruise..........they still have to pay for transportation there and back.

For folks not living close enough to drive or take a shuttle to the port.........this can prove quite costly.

I would tend to believe that most of the invitees to pre-inaugurals are from the US because even though they are receiving a 2 day "free" cruise..........they still have to pay for transportation there and back.

For folks not living close enough to drive or take a shuttle to the port.........this can prove quite costly.

There was Indy ;) :D

Hi

Just a little curious... I know that some Crown & Anchor members (with high status - i.e. lots of cruises) get invited to special events (like maiden/review voyages).

How much C&A status do you generally need to get this sort of invitation? And does country of residence matter?

We will be Diamond after the next cruise (so mere C&A babies really) and live in the UK. I am just wondering if we might one day be lucky enough to get invited to something interesting or will we have to wait until Diamond+?

Thanks

Boo

There was Indy ;) :D

There were lots of RC UK cruisers invited on the Independence pre-inaugurals.

There were lots of RC UK cruisers invited on the Independence pre-inaugurals.

That was what I was thinking... have to hope that there are some more pre-inaugurals over here in the UK: Southampton is about a two hour drive for us, so I think that we could afford the transport if an invitation came our way... :D

I will live in hope...

Boo

My wife and I are both Diamond+ members with twenty-four cruises soon to be twenty-seven after January and have never received an invite to look over a NEW ship.

We have cruised once with Carnival and two years were invited to dinner and dance on their NEW ship when it came into Brooklyn.We were given a nice tour of the ship followed by a surf and turf dinner and dancing.

My wife and I are both Diamond+ members with twenty-four cruises soon to be twenty-seven after January and have never received an invite to look over a NEW ship.

We have cruised once with Carnival and two years were invited to dinner and dance on their NEW ship when it came into Brooklyn.We were given a nice tour of the ship followed by a surf and turf dinner and dancing.

Yep, see, you are a perfect example. You have up to 27 cruises with one line and you get no invites.

Some have much less and get invited to every one.

Something is wrong with the system somewhere.

• 3 months later...

We were invited to sail on the 1 night Mariner pre inaugural, coming in February of '09, which we politely declined. It's hard to believe that we would spend the money to fly from Arizona to Los Angeles to board the ship at noon and be off the next morning.

Interesting that we have over 50 cruise credits, but the two night pre inaugural is already full.

Rick

Archived