Costa Maya Beach or Dune Buggy Tour

nick1295

Has anyone ever been on this tour? What did you think? Is it possible to book it on your own or do you have to go thru the ship? Thanks for your help! I leave on October 28th for my October 30th sailing on the Triumph!!!

Denise

Hi

I went on the dune Buggy excursion in Costa Maya.

I was on the Triumph 09/18-09/25 and we did not have a whole lot of notice that we were going to Costa Maya. (original was Grand Cayman stop)

I did not have a lot of time to plan or look up anything to do at CM

So my friend and I booked the Dune Buggy excursion. We had SO MUCH FUN.

Check to see if anyone else offers this excursion. We booked it when we were on the ship and it cost $89.00

Hope this helps.

Wow... someone from MO going with us... We are a group of 9... My husband and I, our two sons ages 5 & 8, my cousin and her hubby (celebrating her 40th birthday), my dad, grandpa and a friend of theirs. My cousin that is coming also lives in Gladstone, I'm in Blue Springs. When are you guys flying out? We are staying at the airport on the 28th, flying to Ft. Lauderdale on the 29th and getting on that ship on the 30th!!! Can't wait....

We booked a beach break through http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com/CostaMayaBeach.htm . $25 per person for us adults and $15 for the kids. Carnival wants $39 per person regardless of age. The name of that beach is Pez Quadro, and it's at the very end of the "street", next to a primary school. (If we had known that, we would have taken them some school supplies.) They don't have a ton of beach equipment, and none of them know any English, but all we wanted was a patch of ocean and some drinks. If you go, be sure to try the Caipiroska. :D

Our pics of the beach are at http://www.kalisiak.com/cruise/costamaya.html

Ohhhh, now I want to go back...:D

I didn't know there was a large group on this one.... What kind of group is it? We're flying out on the 1st flight on United... our flight is absolutely crazy though... we fly thru Denver then to Fort Lauderdale... but we did get a good price...

Its a group of a little over 600 singles from all over the US (Just look for the loud group all dressed in costumes on Halloween). On our airtickets we got a price of 148 rt including taxes going through st louis on sw about 9 weeks ago.

I was worried about waiting on airfare and bought mine months ago on Orbitz... paid $152 and it was originally was going thru Washington DC (which I wasn't excited about so close to the election...) and then they changed it to Denver... which makes no sense whatsoever... but as long as I make it Florida :-)))) Well, I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I hope your group has a blast and maybe one of those single women will hook up with my dad... he needs a girlfriend!!!! I've tried to get him to go to singles functions but I think he's a little afraid....

Archived