Rejected C&A Coupons

I know that this seems to be a dead horse and everyone gets a different answer.

I just spoke w/Christina in the C&A Dept and she indicated that the offer/benefit issue w/coupons not being able to be applied to next cruise bookings is to take effect 7-31-08. She stated that their coupon redemption department has been rejecting coupons in error.

She checked my reservation and confirmed that they denied the coupon because we booked a next cruise and applied the discount for the coupon right away.

I hope everyone else has good luck with this!

Debbi

I know that this seems to be a dead horse and everyone gets a different answer.

I just spoke w/Christina in the C&A Dept and she indicated that the offer/benefit issue w/coupons not being able to be applied to next cruise bookings is to take effect 7-31-08. She stated that their coupon redemption department has been rejecting coupons in error.

She checked my reservation and confirmed that they denied the coupon because we booked a next cruise and applied the discount for the coupon right away.

I hope everyone else has good luck with this!

Debbi

I don't understand. What do you mean you booked a "next cruise" and they would not let you use the coupon "right away".

I must be missing something.

I don't understand. What do you mean you booked a "next cruise" and they would not let you use the coupon "right away".

I must be missing something.

We booked a next cruise some time ago. We then booked an actual cruise using our next cruise booking number and wanted to apply a coupon sent to us as a "thank you for cruising" coupon. I faxed it in to Royal Caribbean and it was rejected, saying that we could not use this coupon because we used our next cruise and the 2 offers were not able to be combined.

While speaking w/C&A today regarding another issue with our 10/11 Liberty booking I had questions about, I casually asked her what the benefit to the next cruise program is if it is not able to be combined w/ C&A coupons. She stated that the coupons not being able to be combined w/next cruise does not go into effect until 7-31-08 and that usuallly the OBC is larger than the coupons. She checked my reservation and noted that the coupon was in fact rejected in error.

I'm not trying to start any problems, just trying to assist anyone who may have had their coupons rejected in error be able to get whatever credits may be due to them.

Debbi

I'm confused. I was planning to book an Alaska cruise next month while I'm onboard my Bahamas cruise, and there is a C&A coupon for the Alaska cruise I want. Does this mean I can no longer use the coupon if I book onboard? Has anyone tried to do that?

I'm confused. I was planning to book an Alaska cruise next month while I'm onboard my Bahamas cruise, and there is a C&A coupon for the Alaska cruise I want. Does this mean I can no longer use the coupon if I book onboard? Has anyone tried to do that?

Patti--you want to explain it??:p You're an expert on the subject now..:)

With a NextCruise booking or a specific booking made on a ship...........C&A is now allowing only one "offer" with any/all benefits. This was rumored to take effect and be enforced as of July 1. Now it is being reported that it will take effect the end of July.:eek:

An offer is defined as an OBC from booking on board, a C&A Savings Certificate, or a Thank You letter with $$ off.

Benefits would include........Redeeming Visa Points, OBC from Shareholder Benefits, C&A balcony discount and residency/senior/military discounts if applicable to a cruise.

I still get a headache though everytime it's explained.......I can read and still not sure I get it all:D.........but with each new thread, a little more sinks in.;)

With a NextCruise booking or a specific booking made on a ship...........C&A is now allowing only one "offer" with any/all benefits. This was rumored to take effect and be enforced as of July 1. Now it is being reported that it will take effect the end of July.:eek:

An offer is defined as an OBC from booking on board, a C&A Savings Certificate, or a Thank You letter with $$ off.

Benefits would include........Redeeming Visa Points, OBC from Shareholder Benefits, C&A balcony discount and residency/senior/military discounts if applicable to a cruise.

Thank you, Patti, for your assistance. Now it looks like I'm better off just booking now (with the coupon).

That popcorn icon was uncalled for! This thread is actually helpful, not just a bunch of people bickering about smoking and/or formal night!

I did already.........I've got it so memorized I could type it in my sleep!

I still get a headache though everytime it's explained.......I can read and still not sure I get it all:D.........but with each new thread, a little more sinks in.;)

OK look at it the way I do...............

They are offering me

.....an OBC for booking a NextCruise or a specific cruise while on board.

.....a C&A Savings Certificate for a cruise already booked and I have to use it before the expiration date.

.....a Thank You Letter that was sent to me after sailing with them and I have $$$ off to use on my next cruise.

I have benefits of

.....booking a balcony cabin, being P/D/D+ and getting $$$ off

.....having a Visa Card and being able to redeem points

.....owning 100 Shares of RCI stock and getting an OBC from that

.....being "old" and getting a senior discount when applicable to my cruise

.....living in a particular state where a residency discount is being given

.....having served in the military and receiving a discount when applicable to my cruise.

Thank you, Patti, for your assistance. Now it looks like I'm better off just booking now (with the coupon).

That popcorn icon was uncalled for! This thread is actually helpful, not just a bunch of people bickering about smoking and/or formal night!

There have been so many threads about the Benefits Vs Offers...........I even started one a while ago.

The problem is.........everybody is getting a different answer when they call RCI and it is getting to the point where it is almost comical. It's almost a question of who can come up with an answer that is bound to be different than the answer given before.

I did already.........I've got it so memorized I could type it in my sleep!

OK look at it the way I do...............

They are offering me

.....an OBC for booking a NextCruise or a specific cruise while on board.

.....a C&A Savings Certificate for a cruise already booked and I have to use it before the expiration date.

.....a Thank You Letter that was sent to me after sailing with them and I have $$$ off to use on my next cruise.

I have benefits of

.....booking a balcony cabin, being P/D/D+ and getting $$$ off

.....having a Visa Card and being able to redeem points

.....owning 100 Shares of RCI stock and getting an OBC from that

.....being "old" and getting a senior discount when applicable to my cruise

.....living in a particular state where a residency discount is being given

.....having served in the military and receiving a discount when applicable to my cruise.

There have been so many threads about the Benefits Vs Offers...........I even started one a while ago.

The problem is.........everybody is getting a different answer when they call RCI and it is getting to the point where it is almost comical. It's almost a question of who can come up with an answer that is bound to be different than the answer given before.

Are you sure senior and residency discounts are considered benefits and not offers? My understanding is that these are offers. In fact, why would they be considered benefits. Benefits are something you earn. A first time cruiser can get senior, military or residency discounts. I think you may have added these to the list Simon got from RCI and I think you are mistaken.

Now, just because I was told that military/senior/residency discounts were benefits.................does not mean that tomorrow or next week or even next month they still will be!

Folks...........they are changing the rules as the game goes on!

The only reason that I brought this up again is because I was told that the rejection of many coupons was done in error and coupons should have been honored by RCCL. Therefore, I was only attempting to provide information that may save those entitled to use their coupons money.

Debbi

The only reason that I brought this up again is because I was told that the rejection of many coupons was done in error and coupons should have been honored by RCCL. Therefore, I was only attempting to provide information that may save those entitled to use their coupons money.

Debbi

Debbi, no need to explain.........you didn't have to post what you learned today...............but it was good that you brought this to everyone's attention. At least folks still have time to make a call.

Now, just because I was told that military/senior/residency discounts were benefits.................does not mean that tomorrow or next week or even next month they still will be!

Folks...........they are changing the rules as the game goes on!

Patty, did you receive this info in writing? It makes no sense that these are benefits, they are a sales tool to fill ships.(Not the military discount) Unless you have something in writing you shouldn't be posting something like this as it is misleading. I remember when you stated that Bank of America wasn't giving the OBC, rather it was RCI. You couldn't have been more wrong. I made reference to the email that someone named Simon posted as yours read very similar, but you added the senior and residency discounts.

Believe me, I'm not trying to pick on you. You usually give very insightful and helpful info, but I think you are dead wrong on this and it makes RCI look bad when someone gives erroneous info here.

OK - I think I'm following this information correctly but need to check since this may apply to us.

We happen to currently have all three offer items (a NextCruise, C&A Savings Certificates and a Thank you letter savings certificate). If we transfer the NextCruise to a specific sailing before 7-31-08, then we can use the C&A Savings Certificate (if it's on an applicable cruise) and the Thank You Savings Certificate, correct?

Plus, we would still be able to use our Visa Rewards "benefit" for $$ off, OBC or upgrades as desired, correct?

You cant use BOTH the savings certificates and the thank you certificate......one or the other(assuming they will even let you use with the NC)......

You can use the VISA rewards(anyway you want).......

I THINK I got that right..;)

OK - I think I'm following this information correctly but need to check since this may apply to us.

We happen to currently have all three offer items (a NextCruise, C&A Savings Certificates and a Thank you letter savings certificate). If we transfer the NextCruise to a specific sailing before 7-31-08, then we can use the C&A Savings Certificate (if it's on an applicable cruise) and the Thank You Savings Certificate, correct?

Plus, we would still be able to use our Visa Rewards "benefit" for $$ off, OBC or upgrades as desired, correct?

The VISA OBC is a benefit from Bank of America, not RCI so it will apply.

Not sure you are right about the C&A cert, NC OBC and the savings cert. Is it booked by 7/31/08, the date of the cruise or when the certs are received?

All of this is nothing new. RCI has decided to start enforcing their own rules.

You cant use BOTH the savings certificates and the thank you certificate......one or the other(assuming they will even let you use with the NC)......

You can use the VISA rewards(anyway you want).......

I THINK I got that right..;)

That's my understanding, but can he use either of these with a NC obc?

Archived