Kayaking in Ketchikan, Suggestions for doing it on our own

cjtwer

Our family of 7 will be in Ketchikan in a few weeks. We were going to just do the Lumberjack show there but our DD has been asking to go Kayaking. Anyone have any recommendations for Kayaking in Ketchikan?

We booked thru HAL - don't recall who they used (Duh!:D !) but we took a zodiac out to a floating kayak station. It was lovely - so serene and so much fun! This from someone who has never kayaked before! But we've got the bug now and will do it again. As far as doing it independently, I'm sure there are others, like the post above, that can steer you in the right direction.

Southeast Sea Kayaks www.kayakketchikan.com . 1 mle from cruise ship dock 1621 Tongass Avenue

We kayaked with Southeast Sea Kayaks in 2005 and had a great time! We took the shorter tour and to say I'm a target market for that type of trip is absolutely NOT! Our guide was great and since I've had shoulder challenges including surgeries, a guide was in the 2nd seat of my kayak. It was so much fun, and to tell you I felt one with nature is an understatement! Going outside my comfort zone gave me such a rush and they even helped me get out of the kayak!

Enjoy a great time in Ketchikan!

We are kayaking in Juneau - so far it looks to be a sunny day, so we are hoping for good views of the Glacier!

I just posted about this. If you haven't, be sure to look at your exact description. You need to be on the LAKE, if you want good glacier viewing up close. If you happen to be in Auke Bay the view will be distant and no where near it. You would get a far better look at Mendenhall if you just took the shuttle bus to the visitor center.

Archived