Yankee Stadium Question

mek

Totally unrelated to cruising, but I know someone here can help. We are planning to go see a Yankee's game in August. We have to go on the weekend, therefore an afternoon game is our only option. I have to avoid the sun as much as possible, so my question is - which direction are you facing if you are sitting behind home plate? I want to have the sun to my back and this will help me choose where to sit.

Thanks

You won't be in the sun at all if you get tickets under the overhangs. Look for Main Reserved tickets or Main Box tickets.

If you go to the Yankee site, take your cursor and put it on one of those sections and press enter - it will show you what it looks likes from the seats you choose:

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/ballpark/seating_pricing.jsp

I saw on their web site that the boat leaves promptly 30 minutes after the last out, so it sounds to me like the dock has to be right by the stadium. Is this correct?

If you miss the Yankee Clipper after the game, just hop on the subway. It's right next to the park. It was very easy to get around on the New York subway system and I never felt unsafe once. Not even after the games while in opposing team colors!

I grew up in TX so I am a Rangers fan and hate the Yankees (the few post season chances we have had, they messed up!). Went up there a couple of years ago and, while a little apprehensive (since we've all heard the stories!) I did what I always do, I wore Rangers hat and shirt to their park! Didn't matter, the crowd is so busy yelling at their own players, we might as well have not even been there.

It was great fun and I am happy to say I went to two games in Yankee Stadium. Enjoy.

Well, I'm not necessarily a Yankees fan or really a big baseball fan either, although I do enjoy a game now and them. We just want to see a game at the old stadium before it's torn down. But we will cheer the Yankees on that day. Actually my family is football crazy, ( and we're not Bengals fans :eek: except for my misguided step-kids.)

Thanks for the help.

Archived