If one person misses embarkation . . .

crusie

My extended family is planning a group cruise, and I would be paired with my cousin. There would be two of us in a balcony cabin. Now I love her to death, but she is famous for not showing up places and being late (and that is an understatement). To give you an idea, she was 3 hours late for her own wedding :o. If she should miss the cruise, but is fully paid, would my cabin assignment still be valid? Frankly, there will be no way of knowing if she made the ship until after it pulls out. Thanks for your help!!!

. If she should miss the cruise, but is fully paid, would my cabin assignment still be valid? Frankly, there will be no way of knowing if she made the ship until after it pulls out. Thanks for your help!!!

Yep...............You'll have the cabin ALL to yourself...............

She could join the ship at the next port, provided she makes it on time........

I know you don't won't to feel like a babysitter, but why not try to get someone to be her "chaperone" the day before and the day of the cruise. This way she could almost be guaranteed not to miss the boat.

We used to do things like that with her, but it was stressful and sometimes caused the "chaperone" to miss out on whatever event was going on. She used to blame it all on her mother, so my mom started making sure that she was retrieved in advance and came along with our family. Guess what? The problem was definately not my cousin's mother. These days we try not to feed into her drama and just let her suffer the consequences. Once she gets where she is going, though, she really is the life of the party, so it might be worth giving it a try just this one time.

My extended family is planning a group cruise, and I would be paired with my cousin. There would be two of us in a balcony cabin. Now I love her to death, but she is famous for not showing up places and being late (and that is an understatement). To give you an idea, she was 3 hours late for her own wedding :o. If she should miss the cruise, but is fully paid, would my cabin assignment still be valid? Frankly, there will be no way of knowing if she made the ship until after it pulls out. Thanks for your help!!!

This is one trip report I can't wait to read. I hope you write one!

Is her last name or maiden name Alexander? This sounds alot like my SIL.:eek: She has never been on time in her life.

my wife is late way to often..a few time s when being

on time was importante..i d just move d ahead our schedule

..telling we need to be there at 2 instead 5

..or if she s late..maybe she ll be more appreciative of

being on time in the future..

Sounds like my step-dad's sister. She was late for her own funeral. They passed away within 3 days of each other from cancer. Her urn was going to be put in his casket. The folks bringing it up from New Orleans were late getting there.

Dave

Is her last name or maiden name Alexander? This sounds alot like my SIL.:eek: She has never been on time in her life.

Nope, but we'd best hope that they never meet!

These are great (and some sad) stories. I guess there is one in every family. Ironically, my cousin's profession before she retired was law enforcement in a major metropolitan police department -- scary. Let's just say that nepotism doesn't hurt. Now, I am off to change my avatar before this gets me in trouble:p .

Archived