P and O bar prices

qwaver

I am new to cruising and keep reading that drinks prices on P & O are reasonable. Can anybody provide any examples of prices for say, a pint of beer, gin and tonic, or even a bottle of veuve cliquot?

last time, most companies charge about US bar prices which amount to 50%cheaper than UK Pub prices, hope this helps

Sorry but this is not correct.

P&O prices are about normal bar prices for the UK ie not city centre or 3* hotel. A pint is £2.30/60 a G&T £2.65 and a bottle of wine at the table £10.00 to £20.00 with the quite drinkable at about £12/14.

The prices are in £ unlike most others which are in $.

Also please remember that the price you see on the bar tariff is the price you pay on P&O no 15% added

In fact after your 1st cruise you get 5% off with your portunus club membership.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

• 2 weeks later...

More of a different question but does anyone know whether on Ventura they serve it by the bottle or carafe and how much they are? We sailed on Oceana and that was the first cruise I have come across them on. Trying to figure out how far onboard credit will get us :D

More of a different question but does anyone know whether on Ventura they serve it by the bottle or carafe and how much they are? We sailed on Oceana and that was the first cruise I have come across them on. Trying to figure out how far onboard credit will get us :D

Should be the same on all P&O ships.

Dai

I consider P&O bar prices to be very reasonable but then I live in London.

House wine - very drinkable - about £12-£13

Cocktails - £4-£5.50

Sailaway champagne by the glas £3-£4

I like that there are no hidden charges such as service charge added to the drinks bill. Also, I tend to forget about my portunus club discount so when my bill arrives at the end of the holiday, I get a pleasant surprise.

Hi, we are on our first P&O cruise next month, but have booked another for 2009. Because we booked it before we have actually done a cruise, we could not get the Portunus on board spend, which is a shame, but would we get the 5% reduction on the bar prices?

Jean

I am doing a back-to-back in August and September with the first cruise being my first ever. I fully expect to get the 5% discount during the second cruise. In fact more learned souls on this group than I have assured me that I will.

Pete.

Jean

I am doing a back-to-back in August and September with the first cruise being my first ever. I fully expect to get the 5% discount during the second cruise. In fact more learned souls on this group than I have assured me that I will.

Pete.

This is true Big Pete, actually this is the only use of a 2 day cruise so you can be in the club for the next (long) one.

BTW never argue with someone who has Big before their name.

Gan Canny

Dai

Archived