Just back from the Holiday

mollie jo

We sailed on the last sailing out of New Orleans. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is nothing wrong with the Holiday. She may be small, but she is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the food in the dining room is great. Enjoyed it much more than Disney's food. The service and entertainment were very good too. I had read some complaints earlier so wanted to pass on my own opinion. We had some rough weather the first night and I did get sick, which I'm not prone to do. But I took some meds and was okay. I have also sailed on the Glory and she is very beautiful, but huge. I think I almost like the smaller ships better. Easier to find your way around. This trip was just my husband and me and we loved the Holiday. Had everything we wanted and more. Can't imagine anyone being disappointed in her. My mother and aunt are on her now - sailed out of Mobile. Hope they are having as much fun as we did!

we sailed on the 9/11 cruising that was effected by hurricane Ivan, and despite the hurricane , we had agreat time as well. This was our 4th on the Holiday and 29th overall, including the Conquest and other larger ship. Like you, we love the Holiday and plan on sailing again out of Mobile in January and February.

It is good to hear you are still getting to enjoy your beloved Holiday!!

We are headed out on the Sensation on Thanksgiving Day for a long weekend of rest and relaxation.

My favorite friend Terrence (who was the karaoke host on the Holiday) is now a social host on the Sensation...so it will be fun to see him again.

We enjoyed the Paradise in June. I just had to sail on her one time before she became a smoking ship.

Now we are looking at Alaska in the summer. Another friend Pat plays the promenade on the Spirit. He is wonderful!!

BTW, I have another Memphis Carnival addicted person. Her first cruise was in August on the Holiday and she loved it. She and I met on this board and then ended up sitting next to each other at a local event. Now hubby and I sing karaoke with she and her husband once a month at their country club.

See how cruising can make new friends even when you are not on the same ship.

Hey LHP!:) Where've you been hiding? Yep, still enjoying the Holiday, but I'm going on the Sensation on 11/1. Will be nice to be on a different ship for a change. Keeping it in the family - my son's going on his first cruise 12/20. Guess which ship? Holiday!:D

We sailed on the last sailing out of New Orleans. Just wanted to let everyone know that there is nothing wrong with the Holiday. She may be small, but she is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the food in the dining room is great. Enjoyed it much more than Disney's food. The service and entertainment were very good too. I had read some complaints earlier so wanted to pass on my own opinion. We had some rough weather the first night and I did get sick, which I'm not prone to do. But I took some meds and was okay. I have also sailed on the Glory and she is very beautiful, but huge. I think I almost like the smaller ships better. Easier to find your way around. This trip was just my husband and me and we loved the Holiday. Had everything we wanted and more. Can't imagine anyone being disappointed in her. My mother and aunt are on her now - sailed out of Mobile. Hope they are having as much fun as we did!

Mollie...we were getting off the Holiday:mad: as you were gettting on. This was our first cruise & after reading a few neg. reports, I was a little worried about it. Well, all I have to say is......WE LOVED IT!!! AND CAN'T WAIT TO GO AGAIN.

I am new to posting on this board but did lurk for a few months before cruising. I learned so much from all of you here & hopefully one day I will be a pro like all of you. Does that mean I need to cruise more often? Doesn't sound too bad to me:D .

Anyways....I am so glad you had a great trip & hope your mother & aunt are having a blast!!! I am very tickled the Holiday is in Mobile now....just a few hours away from me now.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the Holiday!! It's good to know they're keeping her in 'ship-shape'!! Holiday was my second cruise (Feb '03) and we had a wonderful time...the food and service were simply awesome.

Archived