rental cars in hawaii

burtshell

please forward any information re: car rentals in Hilo and Kauai. my wife and i will be on a cruise so we would like to know which rental car agencies will pick up at the pier with drop off on returning the car.

thanks

burtshell

We always use Alamo. They provide a free shuttle from the pier to their airport locations to pick up the car in all ports (except for Kona where there is a charge for the shuttle). Be sure to reserve in advance (you can do this on-line with Alamo and do not have to pay in advance) and get the number to call for the shuttle and the local office (although they generally are already waiting at the pier). Don't wait until you get to Hawaii...everything may be booked up. I recommend booking at least 2 months ahead of time....more for holidays or special events in the area.

We used Thrifty in Kawaii, Hilo and Kona.. Great experience except for Kona. Kona's shuttle back to the ship is once a day. We had to be back on the ship by 5:30- but they only had a shuttle back to the ship at 4pm. All the other shuttles were any time you wanted it. We used discounthawaiicarrental.com and got great rates.

Hi Burt and Shelly, how are you? We are rentng a convertable from Alamo in Kona thru Costco...there is no charge for the shuttle. Can you believe it's less than 7 weeks till we sail. I saw you post on the Roll Call thread. I'm flying to SD on Saturday, same flight as Liz & Rick. We are supposed to land at 3:10. I have friends in San Clemente and they are going to come down and meet me for dinner, so I won't be at any CC gatherings. Will definately try to make it on the ship on Monday at 5:00.

"Sea" you soon,

Nancy.

Archived