Coach?

abw2005

I was there two years ago but didn't see anything that really stood out or was a great price. Prices are about the same as the outlet stores in the US. Nothing spectacular IMHO but worth a look if you're in the area.

The Coach Outlet is located at 150 Calle Cristo, just before you get to the cathedral (when walking uphill from the OSJ cruise ship piers).

The Coach Outlet is located at 150 Calle Cristo, just before you get to the cathedral (when walking uphill from the OSJ cruise ship piers).

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't seem to find Calle del Cristo on the Old San Juan map (linked in your message). Or is it the same as the street Calle del Santo Cristo? I just want to be somewhat familiar with the OSJ layout when we get there. Thanks!

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't seem to find Calle del Cristo on the Old San Juan map (linked in your message). Or is it the same as the street Calle del Santo Cristo? I just want to be somewhat familiar with the OSJ layout when we get there. Thanks!

See location on this link - http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=150+Calle+Cristo+san+juan+pr. I typed in 150 Calle del Cristo and google maps gave me 150 Calle del Santo Cristo so presumably are the same.

Cheers

Bob

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't seem to find Calle del Cristo on the Old San Juan map (linked in your message). Or is it the same as the street Calle del Santo Cristo?

Yes. Here's it's commonly called Calle Cristo, or Christo Street.

It you're looking for the real-thing ... those who are not skilled in knowing the difference between real and knock-offs should beware. The street vendors have all sorts of fake high-end bags for sale. That said, my daughter loves to "bargain" with these vendors each time we're in San Juan.

A couple years ago, there was a Dooney and Bourke outlet near there too (and Ralph Lauren). They are all within a couple blocks of each other (or were a couple years ago). The prices are duty free so at least there is no tax.

I don't know about them being duty free anymore.....

And now there is a 7% PR tax. Sorry:-(

You can also get on the free trolley --city one-- not the Fort one,-- Stop #1, and then get off at Trolley Stop #8 or #9, they are both within sight of the Coach store.

I had heard a little about the free trolley from other posts, thanks for the info!:D

There are plenty of outlet stores in SJ. But honestly, the deals aren't that much better than you can get at the outlets here in the states. But it is always fun to look. I love to shop for bargains like a woman! :D Now I will say this. I have a Role* knock-off I bought 12 years ago in SJ and it still looks perfect and keeps perfect time. It is an automatic with swiss movement not the cheaper tick tick models. Best $70 I have ever spent! haha

Archived