Grand Circle Netherlands trip

The Golds

Thank you we are going from Amsterdam to Antwerp with the post trip in Amsterdam on the Concerto. We have traveled GCT before in France it was wonderful and was wondering if we can expect the same servcie and good time.

I can only speak for our experience on the Aria. We were treated like royality from the moment we stepped off the plane until we stepped back on to fly home. This was our first Grand Circle and we know we will be going with them again as soon as possible. Everything was top notch including the service, the food and the general attitude of the crew. For us, it was an absolute wonderful vacation. I feel sure that all of their trips are of the same caliber. They know how to take care of their passengers. Have a great trip.

Karon

Yes we did. We did the Marksburg Castle & Brewery Tour. The castle is nice to see but be warned that the footing at this castle is very uneven. It is the original stone and slate and is so worn from all the years of use that it can present quite a danger if one is unsteady on their feet. We enjoyed the brewery. We did Rothenburg Tour. On this one be warned that it is a very long day. There are many Christmas shops and the included lunch was excellent. But after lunch we were ready to go back to the ship. We had to stay until late afternoon. Hubby and I are in pretty good shape, but this was just too long a day for us. We ended up with a few other couples from the ship spending a couple of hours just sitting on the city hall steps as there are almost no place to sit and rest until time to catch the buses. This tour requires lots of walking. We also did Heidelberg. This, unfortunately, is also a long day. For the most part this was a good tour also. It is a pretty place, but oh so many tourist on the streets. Lunch on this one is fun because while you are eating, they have actors come in and portray characters from the "Student Prince" which is the big thing there. Although the all day tours are expensive, they are worth the money as you won't be returning any time soon. You just need to be aware that the ones I've mentioned require a lot of walking. When we went in June it was very warm and it got to be almost too warm and uncomfortable. But that isn't likely to happen very often. At the beginning of our cruise, it was cold and rainy and we did not have enough warm clothes with us. So one needs to take plenty of cold weather clothes as well as warm weather clothes. If I can answer any other questions, I'll be glad to try. There is just so many wonderful things to say about this trip and Grand Circle. I could prattle on forever. You have much to anticipate on your cruise.

Karon

Archived