Destiny / Southern Caribbean / July 13 / review and photos!

Queen B1

Thanks everyone for your kind words! We tried to include lots of information that we had questions about before we left on the Destiny!

michiganirish - Yes, they do offer On Deck for the Cure. There was an announcement about it in the capers we received on the Sunday of embarkation day. The walk was held Thursday ( St. Lucia day ) at 5:00.

Carolinamamasita - I'm going to have to check and make sure we still have the excursion price list. It might take a few days since my mom has all of the sheets, etc. that we collected at her home! I'll try to let you know through this thread!

That would be great !!

Thanks so much :)

Carolinamamasita - I've checked, and we didn't bring the price sheet home with us. We had booked all of our excursions prior to the cruise, so we must have just thrown it away when we received it on the ship. So sorry that we couldn't help you out!

Carolinamamasita - I've checked, and we didn't bring the price sheet home with us. We had booked all of our excursions prior to the cruise, so we must have just thrown it away when we received it on the ship. So sorry that we couldn't help you out!

That s alright

thanks for checking :)

Bases5 - Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I'm sorry that we don't have any other photos, though. On each of the three cruises that we have been on, we have purchased a photo album of the particular ship that we were on for around $10. The photos include all of the public areas (bars, lounges, dining rooms, etc.) and have such clarity that you can see all of the details that my camera wouldn't pick up. Best of all, there are no people in them. Thus, we don't take many on board the ship.

missygirl - I do have the capers. Let me see if I can get one of my family members to show me how to scan and post them! It may be midweek before you hear back from me!

Queen B1,

What a wonderful review, I've enjoyed reading it immensely. We're on the Destiny this coming Sunday and are really getting excited. I have a question about dinner. Are there still four dinner seatings? Relative to your cabin location, were you assigned the closer of the two dining rooms to your cabin? We're trying to see if some of us CC folks on this cruise can arrange to be seated at the same table. Thanks much for your insight.

Joe

vtjean - Sorry, there are no refrigerators in the balcony rooms.

teanbean16 - You'll love San Juan. It's such an historic city!

Jojiboy - There are two seatings in each dining room (the Galaxy and the Universe). Each has seatings at 6:00 and 8:15. Our cabin was 8161 and more toward the front of the ship. We were very surprised to be assigned the Universe Dining Room since it was in the back of the ship. Our first dinner on Sunday night was open seating, so we went to the Universal Dining Room. As we entered, we noticed that someone was asking the Maitre’D for a change in dining rooms, so we did the same. ( I also read in the Capers that this request for a change could have been done between 1:00 and 4:00 in the Galaxy Dining room earlier that day, but because of a very late embarkation due to immigration computer problems that wasn’t possible.) We were able to change to the Galaxy Dining room (midship) which was much nearer to our room! The Maitre'D was very accommodating even giving us a table for two as we requested. I'm sure he'll do the same for your group!

Queen B1,

Thank you so much for the information. So there are actually only two dinner seatings. I remember when I originally booked this cruise I was told there was 6:00, 6:30, 8:00 and 8:30 seatings. This works out better though. It is surprising you were assigned the dining room further from your cabin. We've always been assigned the closest one. Thanks again for your kindness.

Joe

Jojiboy - Like you, the times we thought were being offered differed from those we found once we were on the ship. Someone may have to correct me on this, but it seems on our previous cruises the 6:00 and 8:00, for instance, would have been the times for one dining room and the 6:30 and 8:30 would have been for the other dining room. Now, at least on the Destiny, both dining rooms have their main seating and late seating at the very same time. Again, if your location or time doesn't suit, check the capers as soon as you get on and see if changes are still being made in the Galaxy Dining Room from 1:00 until 4:00. Sailing so soon after we did, I'll bet they are the same. Have a wonderful trip! I'm so happy for you!

Thanks Queen B1! I'll be sure to check the capers. Now, the weather watch begins. Apparently there are two potential tropical storms brewing in the Atlantic. Keeping our fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help.

Joe

Your review was fantastic! Just the pics alone were fabulous. But the detailed description of each stop and what to do in each port, was very encouraging. I am taking my 75 year-old mother and teenage daughter on the same cruise in 8 days. We were a little bummed about our cabin configuration but we are so looking forward to going now.

Thanks for the great review and the instant pick-me-up. I'm glad you and your mother had a wonderful cruise.

LuvofTravel - Thanks so much! You know that old saying......pictures are worth a thousand words! I'll look forward to seeing yours!

tiyana4 - Again, thank you so much! You'll have a ball with your mom and daughter. I cherish the memories made with my mother on each of the three cruises we've taken together. Have a great time!

LuvtoCruz - I'm glad that you enjoyed it as much as we did! Don't you wish we were still on board!!!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived