Formal nights on Millenium to Alaska?

brainerdgal

Can anyone tell me how to find out which nights will be formal nights on the Millenium in Alaska next month? I've checked the website and come up empty...

I thought I read somewhere about a month ago that the first full day (a sea day) and Icy Strait Point (7 a.m. to 4 p.m.) are the formal nights, but maybe I dreamed that.

We'd like to book the Olympic for a non-formal night, so knowing which nights are formal would help!

For the northbound sailing, you are correct. The formal nights were Saturday (the first sea day) and Wednesday (Icy Strait Point). Not sure about the southbound sailing. Enjoy your trip!!!

The first day's daily program, which you will find in your cabin after embarkation, will have the itinerary plus dress codes for each day. That should help you decide when to book for the Olympic restaurant. Have a great time!

Donald.

I think he wants to know in advance so that he can book the Specialty Restaurant in advance.

On the Southbound in July it was the first sea day and Icy Strait Point night.

The Olympic was great! Unfortunately on formal nights we saw several "farmers" dressed in jeans go to the main dining room and nothing was said!

On the last sea day they had their first (so they say) buffet brunch in the main dining room. Because everything says you cannot go to the main dining room in shorts or jeans we contacted guest relations and asked about the policy and they said no jeans or shorts. When we arrived 3/4 of the guests had shorts and jeans so don't dress up for this one either!

Zebby

On the southbound journey, formal nights were the first sea day (Hubbard Glacier) and Wednesday night (ISP). We pre-booked Tuesday at Olympic only to find out that is the night they serve creme brulee in the main dining room. Jovel (our Maitre'D) made sure we all had one on Wednesday (in addition to baked alaska). Have a great trip!

Archived