LA Port to the Airport Travel Time?

seahag07

Does anyone know how long it would take to get from the LA Port to the Airport? I have ll:l5 am flights out of LA, but want to give enough time to get off the ship and get there! Thanks fellow cruisers!:)

it ll depend on the time of the week..weekend s should be no problem..

grab a cab as soon as you get off..during the week it could be a problem..

you ll need to clear custom s..

traffic is always slow during the week with commuter s headed into

LA..it ll be slow and if there s a accident you can be delay d alot more..

consider what time you need to check in your luggage, clear security

and getting to the terminal..

what time do they require you to be at the airport?..at SFO it 2 hr..don t

know about LAX..:confused:

you do have the wedding package i noticed..perhap s you can make some

kinda arrangement..can tell them your headed for another honeymoon and

maybe they ll hurry you off the ship..

i was on the Monarch..custom s was in one of the lounges and i made

sure i was early to get near the front..got thru within 15min s can be alot longer if you were at the end of the line..

rushed back to the cabin, grabed our luggage and did the express

debarking..RUSH, RUSH, RUSH and STRESS, STRESS, STRESS..grabed

the one of the first cabs outside the terminal and was at the airport

shortly after 9am..of course this was a sat. and very light traffic..

It also depends on which LAX terminal you're using. By 10am when you will need to have checked in at a kiosk or with an agent, some terminals will be an absolute zoo with long security lines. Others will seem deserted by comparison.

What date? What ship (not the Liberty since that is out of Miami, not LA harbor).

You could be cutting it too close. If there is more than one ship in port, it is not usual for them to not start letting people off the ship onto the pier until after 9AM, and many people are still getting off and collecting their luggage at noon. Customs and Immigration (on board ship here) can be VERY slow.

You need to plan on at least 45 minutes to get to the airport, and lines for security can be lengthy, depending on the LAX terminal and airline on which you are flying.

Better to plan a later flight, or stay overnight and take an early flight the next day rather than risk missing your flight at LAX.

This could be problematic, especially if you're talking about a weekday disembarkation. Or during a holiday time (say before Thanksgiving). I've seen the 405 freeway (the one that takes you to LAX) bumper to bumper even on a weekend. We haven't taken a flight out of there for a long time, but people have told me it can be quite a bother getting through the security lines, and I believe you're supposed to be there 90 minutes prior to your flight (not sure if that's after check-in).

Customs and immigration doesn't always start on time. On our last cruise, there were only two ships in San Pedro that morning, and the officials didn't arrive until about 8:45am. So even those doing the self-disembarkation thing or otherwise had high priority had to wait. Fortunately, we weren't in any hurry as we were just heading up the 405 into the Valley.

I'm not into stress, so I would also recommend pushing your flight back.

Archived