Inside cabins on Emerald/Crown:recommendations?

storfie

We always book an inside, but love being on the same deck as the pool. We just sailed the Emerald last year, and had an inside on the Lido deck. It's close to the pool and the Horizon buffet. Great on sea days if you are at the pool and need to go back to your room for forgotten items, bathroom break, etc. No long halls to deal with.

But, the only drawback to being that high on the ship is that you can feel movement a little more than an inside further below. Also, since you are cruising the Med, not sure how rough the seas are going to be. But, we have always sailed the Caribbean, and have never encountered rough seas. Guess we've been lucky.

There's 6 insides of the II category that are about 50% bigger than regular insides (and are NOT handicap designated). On the Caribbean I stayed in R403 on one trip and had a humming noise come on ocasionally (nothing major though). On a second cruise on the CB I was in R407 and there was no noise. However, both cabins are under the pool so you are bound to hear the noise from above when they have that big party upstairs one night (think it was Wednesday night). Other than that, I loved these cabins for the extra space. Even as a solo traveler, extra space is always appreciated.

Archived