sales event

leouno

what is this sales event on their website saying you can get a 3 category upgrade and up to $400 on-board credit if booked before august 17th?

Has anyone seen this? I don't think this was offered when I booked....should I call my travel agent?

what is this sales event on their website saying you can get a 3 category upgrade and up to $400 on-board credit if booked before august 17th?

Has anyone seen this? I don't think this was offered when I booked....should I call my travel agent?

It started 7/24 and runs through 8/17. It is for new bookings only. I does not apply to every ship every sail date and there are blackout dates.

When I tried to book online I could not see any price difference (the code was already entered for me) so I called.

The upgrade thing did not seem to make sense to me. I was told by my NCL CC that what I would get was pretty much the same thing as a guarantee. She said the price difference was $20 between a BD and a BA. That if I booked a BD I would be guaranteed a BD or above but would not know what until I got to the ship. After questioning her she she still said that was the way the upgrade worked. I went ahead and booked (a BA for $40 total I would rather have what I wanted) because I was going on the trip anyway and did get $50 per person onboard credit but expected more of an upgrade.

I really wanted to pay for BA and get a suite or something like that.

Sarah

that's why i don't worry about too many upgrade sales...they keep the upgrade to the same catagory of cabins. balcony to balcony, only.

on the spirit, i do book a BD...since the cabins are the same, i take the lower price. did notice that the spirit sailing i have been watching is offering the deal...book at BD and get a BA (if available) with the OBC.

but i liked my BD the last time...hmmm, got to keep watching this.

Do within category upgrades apply at all once you get into the AE or above categories (in other words is each A category considered a separate category such AE, AD, AC, all being different? I'm a newbie and don't understand some of these things yet.

Do within category upgrades apply at all once you get into the AE or above categories (in other words is each A category considered a separate category such AE, AD, AC, all being different? I'm a newbie and don't understand some of these things yet.

generally no but you never really know until you or your ta calls....

the upgrades (when advertised like this one) usually will state:

inside to inside or oceanview to oceanview or balcony to balcony.

the upgrade coupon i have (from my last cruise) says "not available on suites". i don't know about this sale, if it applies to suite or not, haven't read the small print yet.

my email for the sale did state that it could not be used for suites.

I just went and did a booking (fake booking) to see about the upgrade and it has been changed. If I select a BD it auto upgrades me to the BA and DOES allow me to select my cabin. When I tried this morning it did not have that option there. The NCL CC told me I could not select my cabin but I can.

I just booked this today using the sale so not sure if if they will let you adjust previous cruises.

I also saw in the fine print that it is not for all cruises. It allows you to select some cruises and then tells you that the code is not valid. It would be nice if they just had a list of what cruises were included!

I am booking an Alaska cruise this evening once my SO gets home and tells me which suite he wants. Since my NCL CC is calling me back to take that reservation I think I am going to ask her about crediting that $40 to my account or something since she did not seem to understand the details of the sale.

We received this offer in the mail today.

The VERY small print says:

Upgrades vary by ship, sail date, and category. Categories not combinable with upgrades: N, M L, HH, H, BE, BI, BH, & AG, all mini-suites, and suites. Balcony upgrades are not available for the Norwegian Dream.

NCL always has these 'not combinable with upgrades' and I'm not sure what the heck they mean. Do they mean you can't go from cabin category 4A to 4N, or whatever ?

Hubby wondered why I didn't immediately jump on the cruiseline's website when he brought the flyer inside. Too many restrictions and too much work to find out what IS on sale.

I agree with the other poster, just come right out and say what you are offering, then I might jump. I don't use many mfr. coupons or rebates nowadays, either, because of all the exclusions and other hoops you have to jump through.

My travel agent called NCL and they stated the $400 onboard credit only applied to new bookings for suites. And the 3 cat. upgrade, is very unlikely. You first get a guaranteed balcony or inside room, then they might upgrade you to a better room.

My travel agent called NCL and they stated the $400 onboard credit only applied to new bookings for suites. And the 3 cat. upgrade, is very unlikely. You first get a guaranteed balcony or inside room, then they might upgrade you to a better room.

wonder mini suite will also get the $400 on board credit?

I booked my April '09 cruise 2 months ago and it's already went up about $200 per person since then, so you're not really saving anything. I seen it said "up to a 3 Cat. upgrade". When I called my TA and she called NCL about this, I told her that was very deceiving. And it was only suites for the OBC. Not sure about the mini suites.

I can't find the amount for my cruise. Exotic Western Caribbean, Feb 15 2009. It is included in the promotion

Yes this is a sail date that the current sale promotion would apply to.

I just spoke to my NCL CC and had my reservation I made earlier changed. I paid for a BD and got a BA. She even selected our cabin (she said it was a good one but I have no idea. I have already posted another thread for opinions). We got $100 onboard credit and paid for the BD got a guaranteed BA on the Gem 11/29/08

I think it depends on who you talk to. She also offered me the coupon books since I have booked three cruises in the last two weeks.

Sarah

I booked my April '09 cruise 2 months ago and it's already went up about $200 per person since then, so you're not really saving anything. I seen it said "up to a 3 Cat. upgrade". When I called my TA and she called NCL about this, I told her that was very deceiving. And it was only suites for the OBC. Not sure about the mini suites.

Not sure if I am following you on what is deceiving on NCL's part? The on board credit is valid for inside, ocean view, balcony, mini-suites and suites, this also applies to the "up to 3 Cat upgrade" (as long as it is available). There are some sail dates that this promotion does not apply to and they disclosed that in the promotion.

Archived