CruiseTour Hotel Change

judatt

Hi everyone. Just received our edoc's today for an Aug cruisetour. I know the brochure says they reserve the right to change hotels to a comparable hotel, but it appears that based on some quick research the change they made for our tour is hardly comparable. The brochure said we were to be at the Grand Denali Lodge and we are booked into the McKinley Village Lodge. It looks like it is about 10 miles from the park entrance. I have been to neither place since this is our first trip, but it looks like the Grand Denali Lodge is close to the park entrance. We are there for 2 nights so we have some free time and planned on some optional activities. Anybody know anything about either property and have any suggestions for recourse? We are determined to make the most of whatever situation we are handed so it won't ruin our trip either way. Thanks for your help.

I've stayed at both places and prefer McKinley Village (when I get a high-numbered block, as they're newer). While the Grande Denali is close to the park entrance, it's beyond walking distance for most folks, so you have to take a shuttle from both places for activities. Shuttles are frequent and free. I think that they're right - it is a comparable property, so an acceptable trade.

We have stayed at both places and Denali Lodge has something to offer in the way of something else besides a view. There are a few eating places and stores around Denali and absolutely nothing else around McKinley Lodge. Your trip won't be ruined but you will likely get bored a McKinley Lodge. By the way don't waste your time and money on the Aurora lights show at McKinley Lodge, it is a terrible production.

Archived