Which is more Scenic, Amsterdam to ?

azcruiser64

First time European River Cruisers and newbies to this board are looking for advise. We are planning a cruise next summer, probably on Uniworld, and are wondering which is the more scenic cruise, Amsterdam to Vienna or Amsterdam to Basel. Appreciate any thoughts.

Both take you through the most scenic of the Rhine. But if the cruise to Basel includes the Mosel River, now there's the most scenic river. Either one of those two cruises are great choices.

I've only done Amsterdam to Vienna, but for either of these itineraries you will get part that was the most scenic on my cruise. That was the Rhine Valley where the castles are.

If you decide to do this itinerary, Vienna to Amsterdam is suppose to be the nicer way to do it.

I also did mine with Uniworld on River Duchess and whatever you choose, you'll be very happy with Uniworld I'm sure.

If you'd like to see a few pictures email me at tiggypooo@yahoo.ca

Wife and I started from Amsterdam and went to Budapest and our tour director told us that was the best direction. Not sure why but it was fantastic. I thought we had more time in certain villages/towns. Willard

Both take you through the most scenic of the Rhine. But if the cruise to Basel includes the Mosel River, now there's the most scenic river. Either one of those two cruises are great choices.
:D We just got back from a 14 day Amsterdam / Basel that included the Mosel to Trier and back out. Big "E" ticket WOW in the Mosel. Last year we did Amsterdam / Budapest and it was great....But.....the Moselle is one continuous picture post card in both directions....:)

DH & I just returned from Viking Sky: Vienna to Amsterdam, I agree, the most scenic is the Rhine from Rudesheim (km. 526.7) to the mouth of the Moselle (km. 592.3), then if you go on the Moselle (we went as far as Bernkastel - km. 129.4), that as well. The Rhine for the castles, and the Moselle for the vineyards.

We were sent a book by Viking that has a kilometer by kilometer guide in the back of what you will see. Also, pay close attention, the kilometers and tenths are marked on the river. This is very convenient for making notes for pictures you might take while on the boat cruising.

Enjoy, we did!!!:)

Archived