Pregnant and cruising

ucsbgirl

HI! I have been on several cruises, but never pregnant. I was reading the contract for our upcoming cruise to Alaska (princess) and it states that I need to contact the ships medical department, and send a letter from my Dr. stating that I am in good health and my due date. At the time of our cruise, I will be abouit 12 weeks along.

Does anybody have experience with sending this letter or not?

I know what it says to do, but since I won't be showing and out of my first trimester, is it really necessary?

Thanks!

I cruised CCL at 12 weeks without any type of dr note. I did however let my md know I was going on a cruise. I had my ultrasound done prior to going and she gave me a script to get some meds for nausea to take along, just in case...and I was glad I had them.

I think someone must have gone into pre-term labor recently on-board because it seems all the cruise lines have changed their pregnancy policies recently.

I sailed Carnival a few years ago when I was 16 weeks pg with DD. I didnt have note then, the Dr just gave me nausea meds and told me to drink plenty of water and use lots of sunscreen. It was a great cruise.

In a few weeks I will be cruising again at 22 weeks and now I have a signed letter stating my weeks of gestation and that I am fit to sail. I called Carnival to get the info on faxing it in ahead of time and they told me faxing is not needed, just bring it along with your embarkation papers. You may want to call your cruiseline and verify what you need to do so you dont get turned away at the port. I heard that recently happened to a woman in Port Canaveral who was over the maximum number of weeks allowed to sail, yikes.

Julie

Archived