Ice?

xxangelxx

When i am in my cabin and perhaps i want a glass of soda that i have brought with me, and need some ice is it free? Where do i get it? Ice machine? Thanks for any responses. Traveling on the Victory on Thursday, first cruise , so nervous and anxious at the same time.

When i am in my cabin and perhaps i want a glass of soda that i have brought with me, and need some ice is it free? Where do i get it? Ice machine? Thanks for any responses. Traveling on the Victory on Thursday, first cruise , so nervous and anxious at the same time.

Actually your room steward will supply your cabin with ice., Daily and more often if needed.. No charge..

yes you will have an ice bucket upon arrival, and the room steward will keep it filled for you usually tending to it in the morning and evening, more if you need it. We use a lot of ice so we asked our stewardess to keep it full to the top and she did!

MAC

I've never seen where you can go and get your own ice, has anyone else?

Depends on the ship....sometimes you can see the ice machine in the crew area if they leave the door open. Other times you will not know where it is. Easier to get on the phone and call for some if you run out and need it.

I used to get my own ice.....fill up my collapseable cooler.

The last few cruises I've asked the stewards where the ice machine is. They don't seem to want to tell me. But they keep my cooler full....no problem.

On the Triumph when I stayed on the Empress deck , there was an ice machine AND a soda machine. I as amazed:eek: never seen it on any other ship. I did find the steward's ice machine on the ..can't remember..maybe the Freedom and used that often when I couldn't find the steward. On the last cruise on Imagination we just called room service at night when the stewards were off. Have fun :)

You can always schlep up to the Lido deck and bring some back!

Sol y Mar

That's worked for me on the extremely rare occasions when the ice is too melted in the bucket.

No offense, but if the housekeeping ice machine is one where the ice must be scooped, I'd rather not have people helping themselves. People have a tendency to drop the scoop wherever (just like tongs at buffets are sometimes laid on the food - handle and all) and I don't want that handle touching ice I might use. Now, if there is a button you hold and the ice dispenses on its own, I have no problem with that.

That's worked for me on the extremely rare occasions when the ice is too melted in the bucket.

No offense, but if the housekeeping ice machine is one where the ice must be scooped, I'd rather not have people helping themselves. People have a tendency to drop the scoop wherever (just like tongs at buffets are sometimes laid on the food - handle and all) and I don't want that handle touching ice I might use. Now, if there is a button you hold and the ice dispenses on its own, I have no problem with that.

The ones I've been able to use have the push button. Don't know if they're all like that though.

I realize your ice question was answered, but I just wanted to say have an A~W~E~S~O~M~E time on you cruise! Don't be anxious! You are going to love it! Just relax, have fun and don't sweet the details.

God Bless

Are you talking about the passengers helping themselves to ice and dropping the scoop or the stewards that may have dropped the scoop?:rolleyes:

Just food for thought;) no pun there

Archived