Concern about flights in/out of FLL

DGP1111

Yep, I know this thread will get quickly zapped (or relocated to the Lido deck). . . but I hope it may reach a few who are booked, or plan to book, on Spirit Airlines for your sailings out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

A few months ago Spirit had six flights out of Fort Lauderdale to Orlando, and has dwindled it down slowly. As of this week, there are only two choices. One before the ships debark, and one after dark that evening. I've checked some other cities and it's becoming the same story. The cancelled flight times are being moved to the earliest departure.

Word from within the company (via the airport desk personnel) is that the airline might not have a presence in Fort Lauderdale at all within a short time frame. So please check to see that your travel is insured, or perhaps consider making a backup plan for getting to/from your vacation cruise.

I'm on hold with the Phillipines right now to cancel several of mine. With the original plans it would be cheaper for me to fly than to drive -- but that's a pile of bovine poop now. Bummer! :(

Archived