What do they show on the TVs?

Yes, all of us not from Denver really enjoy watching their local news. You'd think you'd get either the stations from the port you've cruised from, from Miami (CCL HQ) or from NYC, but for some reason they get Denver. Maybe that's the best deal they could get for sat tv. We only turn on the tv when we're getting ready in the am and before dinner and then just to check out weather, port info and occasionally cable news. There's usually one movie shown per day in a loop.

I've wondered why they choose Denver network affiliates. Does anyone know why? I sail from East Coast ports and the two hour time difference is quite annoying.

I would wager the guess that the satellite service provider they went with put in the cheapest bid, and part of that was Big 4 affiliates from non-major markets.

Sometimes some of us who are from Denver would just as soon not know what's going on at home. I figure if my 90 year old mom accidentally burns my house down (with the caregiver I hire in it), I can probably wait until I get home to learn about it. I'm always afraid to turn on the TV just in case the Denver news is on. Last Carnival cruise we went with friends from San Antonio. He called our cabin to see if they had the news stations confused, I guess he wondered if we were getting the San Antonio news.

Sometimes some of us who are from Denver would just as soon not know what's going on at home. I figure if my 90 year old mom accidentally burns my house down (with the caregiver I hire in it), I can probably wait until I get home to learn about it. I'm always afraid to turn on the TV just in case the Denver news is on. Last Carnival cruise we went with friends from San Antonio. He called our cabin to see if they had the news stations confused, I guess he wondered if we were getting the San Antonio news.

I hear that. I was on a cruise when Reagan died. That really gave my mom a reason not to just sit in her cabin and veg.

I've wondered why they choose Denver network affiliates. Does anyone know why? I sail from East Coast ports and the two hour time difference is quite annoying.

Apparently it is some mobile satelite service. Apparently truckers get the same channels.

On European cruises, you don't even get Denver, you get all European channels.

I know there are programs about the ports of call and general ship information ... are there also shows and movies to watch in your cabin?

This is somewhat unrelated, but can you hear televisions in adjacent cabins ?

My hubby would get mad because I would watch the same movie over and over again! They kept playing it so why not watch it! :D The Denver stations were funny because on our first cruise, we were so confused with the times!!

I am addicted to the preview channel that shows the time! We do not wear watches (we rely too much on our cell phones) so when we go on cruises, and have been in an inside cabin, we cannot tell what time it is at all! We made sure to put the tv on the "Time Channel" before we shut it off so when we turn the tv on, that is the first thing we see!

They also show cabin movies which I really like. They're regular movies that you would see in the theater or rent but they show them at different times of the day. The movie titles are listed in the capers.

Apparently it is some mobile satelite service. Apparently truckers get the same channels.

On European cruises, you don't even get Denver, you get all European channels.

Thanks Don, that is the question I was going to ask.

Archived