new ship in jersey

sac2

I would think that the high prices on fuel will work against RCI (or other lines locating more ships to the Northeast. Other than Bermuda (which has not been very friendly to most cruise lines) and the fall foliage cruises, most of the Northeast cruises would have to be south to the Caribbean. Given the price of fuel, its much more cost effective for the cruise lines to sail out of Florida, PR, or other southern ports. We join with many other cruisers in wishing there were more options out of the NE, but it is what it is!

Hank

Hank: Ah, yes, but there are those two loooooooong days at sea before reaching southern waters (and the first port of call) and two loooooooong sea days on the way back.

HUGE onboard revenue opportunities for RC - should more than offset the fuel costs, don't you think? ;) :)

The QM2 has some nice 10 & 13 Day Itin's (Southern Carribean) sailing out of Red Hook, Brooklyn, NY, November & December 2009. Per Diem Pricing when we Booked our 13nt Voyages were= to the EOS.

My husband and I would also love to see another RCCL ship sail outta Bayonne. We have sailed on Voyager and Explorer outta Bayonne. Beats flying somewhere. It takes us around 2 1/2 hours to get to Bayonne from Albany. Easy drive. We would like to see a southern caribbean cruise on one of the Freedom class ships. Liberty of the Seas would be awesome and sounds neat. "Liberty of the Seas, sailing from Cape Liberty, will be sailing by the Statue of Liberty." We would like a Freedom Class ship as there would be plenty to do on the days at sea. We love the southern caribbean itinerary they have on April 26th 2009 but my husband can't go then as he is busy with tax season. We like to go in May so we can celebrate our anniversary. Please Royal Caribbean bring another ship to Bayonne.:confused:

We have friends going on that Southern trip and they wanted us to come, but I am a teacher and can only get a max of 5 personal days so I can't go at that time of the year. I hope they still have that Southern route 3 years from now when I hopefully will be retired!!!!

We were spoiled for years (1992-2005) here in the NY/NJ area with the X- Horizon, Zenith & RCCL Empress 7 Day Itin's to BDA

We were spoiled for years, this is true!!! We took Zenith out of NY and Amerikanis and that is where I would go to see my Grandparents off on the Oceanic. If we had a choice between NJ or NY we'd jump for NJ now. We've gone to the NY pier throughout the years to see many assorted shows so we know the pier well, still Cape Liberty is much easier!! We'd leave from Red hook tho....and id like to try a cruise out of there someday soon!! Still think Royal should have another, smaller ship leaving NJ..... :cool:

(didnt realize NCL Majesty alternated leaving frm PA and Baltimore :rolleyes: . Majesty reminds me of the Voyager class, looked at many pictures of her public areas, then I read she was stretched and that doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy (not sure why, just something in my head lol).....

We were spoiled for years, this is true!!! We took Zenith out of NY and Amerikanis and that is where I would go to see my Grandparents off on the Oceanic. If we had a choice between NJ or NY we'd jump for NJ now. We've gone to the NY pier throughout the years to see many assorted shows so we know the pier well, still Cape Liberty is much easier!! We'd leave from Red hook tho....and id like to try a cruise out of there someday soon!! Still think Royal should have another, smaller ship leaving NJ..... :cool:

(didnt realize NCL Majesty alternated leaving frm PA and Baltimore :rolleyes: . Majesty reminds me of the Voyager class, looked at many pictures of her public areas, then I read she was stretched and that doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy (not sure why, just something in my head lol).....

Cape Liberty is great for us also, only about 50 min drive from Ocean County.

Archived