ROLL CALL - Carnival Liberty Sep 6, 2008

CallDOC

Hi Doc:

We've already connected on the main roll call board - 2 guys coming from Canada (we're both thirty-somethings and long time friends who have talked about going on a vacation together for years....and leaving our partners at home :D).....anybody else on this sailing??

• 2 weeks later...

Seems we will be the only gay folks on this one! Oh well, I enjoy str8 ppl. See you onboard. I will be looking for others at the bar under the jumbotron the day of sailing after lunch. Hopefully I will meet you both then!

DOC:cool:

Hi Doc:

We've already connected on the main roll call board - 2 guys coming from Canada (we're both thirty-somethings and long time friends who have talked about going on a vacation together for years....and leaving our partners at home :D).....anybody else on this sailing??

Hey guys, just thought I'd say hi, I'm not on this cruise but also in the Toronto area. As a single guy, I've always wanted to go on a cruise with a friend but none of my friends seem interested. Just seeing if you'd like to keep in touch and get to know each other...

sexyaznboy user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_15835440", true);

Cool Cruiser

Hi, as single guy I know all about it! Thats why I go on cruises by myself. I LOVE being on the sea and at my 'old' age (52) I am kinda set in my ways and like having my own space. Of course, if I find my 'soulmate' to share life with, that's another story! Until then, I get single cabins. Yes, you do pay for two (cabin fare only) but the tradeoff is to find better priced cruises. If you go in early Oct thru Nov..you will find some great fares. Also in Feb before spring break / easter and just after in May before summer you can find good fares. I have seen some listed as low as $459 p/p for 7 days. Sure it's an inside cabin but who cares if you are on a tight budget? A good guide is to figure approx. $100 per day for a cruise.

Anyway... perhaps one day soon we will meet on one of the cruises.

DOC :cool:

Sure - I am often in the "same boat" so to speak - with nobody interested or available to go!:eek:

Sounds like you are an experienced cruiser! I love cruising (same as you callDOC!), I've always wanted to try an Atlantis cruise but 1) too intimidated by their ads of buff young muscle bods, nice eye candy but I can't measure up! 2) they are so much more expensive than regular cruises 3) on top of that you pay 200% supplement! 4) random room shares are hazardous to your health from what I hear!. So far I've only ended up taking my mom on cruises because I might as well if I'm paying 200% anyways, and she loves to cruise. But some might say I'll never meet anyone with "mommy" in tow :o

Have you tried Atlantis/RSVP?

I seriously think there needs to be a network of single gay guys who want to cruise together (not in the sexual context!). It would save us from having the psycho roommate from hell or being broke!

I agree! Hear you on the RSVP front - have not been on one either and have stayed away for some of the same reasons - I think I would have a lot of fun for a couple days and then I would want to jump over the rail just to get away from the constant party scene. Not really my thing I guess....but then don't really know since I've never done it. Have talked to a lot of people who will ONLY go on them so that makes me think sometimes it would be be interesting to try. But I've always met great people on my other trips and we have a good time so that's why I don't bother.

I agree! Hear you on the RSVP front - have not been on one either and have stayed away for some of the same reasons - I think I would have a lot of fun for a couple days and then I would want to jump over the rail just to get away from the constant party scene. Not really my thing I guess....but then don't really know since I've never done it. Have talked to a lot of people who will ONLY go on them so that makes me think sometimes it would be be interesting to try. But I've always met great people on my other trips and we have a good time so that's why I don't bother.

Well definitely let me know if you are looking for a cruise buddy, for a regular or gay cruise, it would be fun!

Sounds like you are an experienced cruiser! I love cruising (same as you callDOC!), I've always wanted to try an Atlantis cruise but 1) too intimidated by their ads of buff young muscle bods, nice eye candy but I can't measure up! 2) they are so much more expensive than regular cruises 3) on top of that you pay 200% supplement! 4) random room shares are hazardous to your health from what I hear!. So far I've only ended up taking my mom on cruises because I might as well if I'm paying 200% anyways, and she loves to cruise. But some might say I'll never meet anyone with "mommy" in tow :o

Have you tried Atlantis/RSVP?

I seriously think there needs to be a network of single gay guys who want to cruise together (not in the sexual context!). It would save us from having the psycho roommate from hell or being broke!

I agree about the Atlantis / RSVP cruises. I don't feel I quite fit in with the all gay set! I came out in Europe when I was in my teens and enjoyed the mix of gay & str8 ppl in the pubs I went to. I doubt I would feel very good with only gay folks on a cruise.

As for taking MOM on cruises...I also take her with me. Mind you she gets her own cabin as we would strangle each other after 2 days! But when she is on the same cruise as me, I also feel inhibited about 'cruising' others.

Feel free to e-mail me (both of you)! I would like to get to know you better.

CallDOC1 at a o l dot com

DOC

Archived