Bathroom Scale Recommendations?

I'll be buying a new scale soon....I could use some input on good scales. Haven't a clue. The last time I went shopping for one, I gave up because I would try the scale out and weigh differntly each time I stepped on. I'll likely be shopping at BBB since it is pretty close. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You might look at the Tanita scales. We've had our's for 5 years or so and have been very pleased. When I weigh myself, and then do it again, I still weigh the same as the first time. Some models do other tricks besides weight, and they're not bad looking as bathroom scales go. If ours quit for whatever reason, we'd be looking for another from the same manufacturer.

Hey tom terrific do you have a dog named mighty manfred? just had to ask!

Back to the thread. I have a ww scale by conair. I like that it measures body fat (though I don't know how accuately) but it is a guide.

I weigh myself at home all the time so when I go to the dr. and it's different I don't care. Every scale is going to be alittle different. Remember which ever one you get not to get to hung up on the numbers on the scale. I weigh the same as one of my sisters but because I exercise and she does not I look smaller.

Kelly

I have a Taylor body fat/hydration scale and I love it! You can set 10 different profiles if you have other people that will be using it, and I think it was around $60.

Here's a link to the scale I have, it gives some brief details :)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/healthfitness/scales/PRD~171149/Taylor+Body+Fat+Monitoring+Scale.jsp

I have a Tanita also. It can set up profiles for different persons, for fat % estimation, and the weight in tenths of pounds only varies if I actually lose or gain. Not too expensive, I might have got it at Costco.

I have a Tanita also. It can set up profiles for different persons, for fat % estimation, and the weight in tenths of pounds only varies if I actually lose or gain. Not too expensive, I might have got it at Costco.

Thanks for the tip. I haven't heard of a Tanita before, but I'll check Costco to see if I can find one. :)

Hey tom terrific do you have a dog named mighty manfred? just had to ask!

Back to the thread. I have a ww scale by conair. I like that it measures body fat (though I don't know how accuately) but it is a guide.

I weigh myself at home all the time so when I go to the dr. and it's different I don't care. Every scale is going to be alittle different. Remember which ever one you get not to get to hung up on the numbers on the scale. I weigh the same as one of my sisters but because I exercise and she does not I look smaller.

Kelly

Tom Terrific? Mighty Manfred? Boy are we dating ourselves!:D

I can honestly say I like being 48 and would not want to go back to any other age. I know I would not be any smarter and would probably do alot of the stupid things again. So I am ok dating myself. And I loved Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room! Kids shows were good back then.

I want to say again not to get hung up on the numbers on the scale. I weigh myself daily and I have a 3lb fluctuation. I've learned that that is just the way it is. I don't think I gained 3 in a day nor do I think I lose 3 in a day. Maybe it is how much salt I've had/water retained. But I don't let it bother me like I use to.

Kelly

Archived