Venice ship to Piazalle Roma

Do not count on taking the free shuttle from the ship docks to Piazzale Roma. Never saw it going in that direction at all. We ended up walking to Piazzale Roma from the ship rolling our luggage after the cruise. Many others took taxis or the ship's over-priced shuttle.

Do not count on taking the free shuttle from the ship docks to Piazzale Roma. Never saw it going in that direction at all. We ended up walking to Piazzale Roma from the ship rolling our luggage after the cruise. Many others took taxis or the ship's over-priced shuttle.

thanks, I figured I would just walk. How much time did it take? since our ship is docked overnight I will probably go from ship to Pia.Roma to catch a vaporetto into town in the evening and will have to go to Pia. Roma to catch the airport bus on the ship arrival.

Neil5054, hey, I was replying to your post on Istanbul. It looks like you are taking the same cruise we did on July7....Venice r/t to Greece, Croatia and Turkey, right? Are you flying into Venice? I found it easier to get a shuttle/limo from the airport and it dropped us off right in front of the ship. They have a website, www.airports-shuttle.com.

If you do just want to go from P Roma to the terminal, I noticed it wasn't that far to walk. It seemed about 20 minutes or so. When we got off the ship, I purchased the bus transfers from the ship to P. Roma. When I saw a lot of people walking, I thought of the money I could have save ($15/person).

Just FYI, there is a water bus Alilaguna that runs from the port directly to San Marco plaza. You can check times on their website...I think it is www.alilaguna.it. They don't run too late in the evening. Last one from san Marco to the ship I think is around 8PM or so. But then you could always take the regular vaporetto to P Roma.

Have a good trip.

Neil5054, hey, I was replying to your post on Istanbul. It looks like you are taking the same cruise we did on July7....Venice r/t to Greece, Croatia and Turkey, right? Are you flying into Venice? I found it easier to get a shuttle/limo from the airport and it dropped us off right in front of the ship. They have a website, www.airports-shuttle.com.

If you do just want to go from P Roma to the terminal, I noticed it wasn't that far to walk. It seemed about 20 minutes or so. When we got off the ship, I purchased the bus transfers from the ship to P. Roma. When I saw a lot of people walking, I thought of the money I could have save ($15/person).

Just FYI, there is a water bus Alilaguna that runs from the port directly to San Marco plaza. You can check times on their website...I think it is www.alilaguna.it. They don't run too late in the evening. Last one from san Marco to the ship I think is around 8PM or so. But then you could always take the regular vaporetto to P Roma.

Have a good trip.

Yes, I think it might be same cruise. We are coming into Venice the day before check into the ship so will likely go from airport directly to San Marco via boat to our hotel. The next day we will need to get to the ship and go back to town for evening. So we will probably just walk to Pza. Roma. Again coming into port we are going right to the airport so will have to go to Pza Roma to catch the bus to the airport. At least a few trips back and forth!

Hi there. Arriving into Roma en route to the ship, there were many buses running regularly for free to take you to the dock. However at debarkation, you needed to pay for a transfer or walk (i.e. no free shuttles). We ended up walking which took less than 15 minutes with two rolling suit cases and two young children in tow. We did not purchase the ship transfer and beat the buses to Roma. We then walked to the train station which I would not recommend unless you are relatively fit since there are three bridges to cross with luggage. Have a great trip!

Hi there. Arriving into Roma en route to the ship, there were many buses running regularly for free to take you to the dock. However at debarkation, you needed to pay for a transfer or walk (i.e. no free shuttles). We ended up walking which took less than 15 minutes with two rolling suit cases and two young children in tow. We did not purchase the ship transfer and beat the buses to Roma. We then walked to the train station which I would not recommend unless you are relatively fit since there are three bridges to cross with luggage. Have a great trip!

thanks, that's just what I wanted to know. We should be ok with rolling luggage and the 15 minute walk should be fine.

Archived