What are options on Majesty on formal night?

We are on a 4-day on the Majesty in December and want to know what the options are for dinner if we decide not to drag along our formal clothes?

Lets see, there is Johnny Rockets, Windjammer, Jade and room service. I think that's it, I am trying to remember. Oh wait there is the pizza place Sorrento's and Compass Deli. Ok now I think I have them all.

Laura

Without getting into the very heated debates that go on here about whether or not you *should* wear formal clothes - the short cruises are notoriously informal. Your waiter will tell you not to worry about it, and not to skip dinner over having the right clothes.

On 4 day Enchantment we wore suits, but could have worn a nice shirt and slacks and been perfectly fine considering what the crowd wore. There were even people in jeans and t-shirts - although I think that is going to far with the casual mode.

On Majesty 3 day we wore dress shirts and slacks, as did most of the men in the dining room on "formal" night.

The short cruises are a very different vibe from the 7 day and longer cruises.

I just got back from the 3 day Majesty and i just wore a polo shirt and khakis to the formal night. These cruises are very informal and you should not feel uncomforable. We were going to skip it because we didnt feel like bringing a suit but our waiter told us not to worry about dressing up even before we said we werent going to come. The table next to us all wore jeans and shorts.

Lets see, there is Johnny Rockets, Windjammer, Jade and room service. I think that's it, I am trying to remember. Oh wait there is the pizza place Sorrento's and Compass Deli. Ok now I think I have them all.

Laura

We've sailed on Majesty four times, but somehow I have missed the Jade. I know where it is on Voyager Class and Freedom Class ships, but I don't know where to find it on Majesty.

To the OP, Majesty is the most informal on formal nights of any RCI ship I have cruised. Some people do go "all out", but our last cruise on Majesty, there was a guy who even showed up on formal night in farmer's overalls with one strap unbuckled and hanging down! They let him in the dining room!

Thanks for the responses. I think I can actually get the guys to go to "formal" night as long as they don't have to bring their suitcoats. I'm sure they're up for dress pants and a nice shirt/tie.

gomomgo -

I too don't want to reopen the "formal" debate in another thread. I just want to let you know that on my 7 day Vision cruise people were really bending the rules, and nobody really cared. On casual nights there were people in shorts (yes...I said shorts), and while some of us made comments to ourselves like "I guess they can't read" :), they were not denied admittance or given a hard time.

On formal night I wore docker slacks, a black silk t-shirt, and a jacket with a silk hankie. I was better dressed than most. I didn't see a single tux. My brother wore suit pants and a nice oxford shirt with no tie. My father wore a suit and tie. My boys (11 and 13) work nice slacks and a button-down shirt.

So, I guess my point is, don't let the lack of suit jacket keep you out of a very nice meal that you guys paid for as part of your cruise. You will find as long as you are dressed nicely, you will fit in just fine.

We've sailed on Majesty four times, but somehow I have missed the Jade. I know where it is on Voyager Class and Freedom Class ships, but I don't know where to find it on Majesty.

Oh my gosh, you are right, there is no Jade on the Majesty. Guess it was just hopeful thinking on my part. Thanks for catching that.

Laura

On Majesty in March and felt very comfortable in my black slacks and nice top. Hubby wore coat and tie but felt uncomfortable as no one else did. So, don't worry about it and enjoy. You are you and it's your cruise.

We'll be onboard on Christmas Eve and Christmas as well. Do you think there will be a tendency to "dress up" a little more?

:cool: Even Santa wears his suit on Christmas Eve and Christmas. I'm of the opinion that people may dress a little better on Christmas:cool:

Archived