boarding time for gem in bcn

gmasters

ok the ship leaves port at 7pm but our plane gets in at 9am. When can we board or atleast send our bags aboard.

any time tables would be helpful I guess I will look for answers after I post my own ?

thanks

Jerry and Donna

oct 26 ncl gem

Hi

We arrived at 12.00 and check in was in full swing. We were on board about 20 minutes later. An announcement that all cabins were ready was made at 1.50. Our luggage was already at the door of the cabin. We got settled in and then left the ship for a mosey around Barcelona.

Hope this helps

How easy is it to get off the boat with embarkation going on? I have never done it before - but I imagine it just like getting off for an excurions - scan your room card, etc., right?

We are on the NCL Jade for Sept 7, '08 and some people on our roll call are asking if they can check in and get off the boat - i would think the Jade would function the same as the Gem.

For those who have done the check in and went back into Barcelona, how far is the pier/boat from the city? Is it overly crowded with everyone trying to get on the ship? Just trying to imagine distance and timing for that because with the ship leaving at 7 p.m. and hotel check out at 12 p.m. or so - it may make sense to see some of Barcelona in the afternoon once we get our stuff to NCL.

Thanks.

Archived