Got this reponse from RCI regarding missing cruise credits

I have had this ongoing situation for years with RCI. They seem to have a problem with my old cruises from the early 1980s. I have old cruises form the Song of America and Nordic Empress. However, Every time I call they say they have them recorded but can not get them listed on the computer at this time...blah, blah, blah.

The phone reps have had the ability to find all your profiles. Now they say they can combine them and get it all to show up on line.

I knew I had multiple profiles, so I just asked her to look for them. She found them pretty easily. My "main" profile was from the 5 cruises I did when I lived in L.A.. Then the phone number change meant my Majesty cruise ended up on a different one. And then I updated an email address and Enchantment created a new one. It has not made a difference that much because I am identified as Platinum on all of them... but I want it cleared up since I am now getting close to Diamond.

She could search by C&A number, name and state, and phone number, I think.

I have the same problem. 2 of my cruises are very old and they were only able to find one. They recently credited that to the Nordic Empress. I found an old photo (that I didn't know existed until I tore apart some old boxes of material that I haven't looked at since a move, many years ago) and it shows us on Sun Viking in 1990. Therefore, this old cruise has to be added and I'm waiting for a response from C&A.

Another one is from 2001 and they can't find it, either. I'm curious about the above comment regarding phone numbers. How can one look up a cruise history by phone number to determine if the problem lies with another profile?

Sorry, just saw the above.

C & A has had ours incorrect for over 2 years on the website. However, whenever we cruise, the LA has the correct number of cruises. So does the CSM.

As Wrona mentioned.........they have been unwilling to let one of their kids come in to fix the problem!! :D

Rick

Maybe they should eliminate their website function of viewing "cruise history" and go back to good 'ol paper and ink. Print our statements from their in house computers and snail mail them out to us once or twice a year. That way we would at least have documentation of what they are seeing and not have to worry so much about their computers hiccupping and losing a cruise here and there.

Our credits have been "off" for some time now. Perhaps we have multiple accts, but not because we set them up! :rolleyes:

I have created a document that has all of our cruises listed. The information that is included are: folio number, name of ship, sail date, itinerary, credits for trip.

This doc trumps anything the C&A website shows, though I have been told that they actually do have the "REAL" total for us. :cool:

Our last cruise in April made us Platinum, but the webpage had us still at Gold. I emailed them, got the customary email back, called them, they said they were working on it. I just went to check the web page and I am now listed as Platinum and have all my cruise credits showing. I really think they are working on it - albeit slowly...icon11.gif

I just sent them a message again...

The credit value shown on your web site under "my completed cruises" is 4... This is correct. However, the "completed cruise credits" in the "Christopher's Information" summary section on the left only shows 3. This affects my C&A status. My completed cruise credits is 4 as stated in my cruise history. I would like this fixed. I have written before and been given a stock answer that "we are working on it" and "we know your correct total". Well, it has been over a year and it is still not fixed and I do not want a canned answer again. I want to know what exactly is being done to correct this situation. I look forward to a specific response from RCCL. Thank you.

What are the odds I will get the OP's "canned email response" again?!:eek:

Well, as expected here is the canned response!!!

RE: Completed Sailing

Dear Christopher:

Thank you for your recent e-mail. The Crown & Anchor Society has implemented a new computer software program. This change may cause some of your cruise history to reflect inaccurately online. We are working diligently to solve this problem and regret any inconvenience this may cause.

According to our records, you have four cruise credits and are currently listed as a Gold member. We regret that we are unable to determine when the problem will be resolved. Please allow additional time for our new program to update your cruise history.

While your cruise history and tier level may not be properly reflected online at this time, we would like to reassure you that we do have the correct information in our database and it is being communicated to our ships.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our office directly at 800-526-9723.

Christopher, we look forward to welcoming you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,

Andrea Charles

Crown & Anchor Society

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 8 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)

Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com

E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Write us: Crown & Anchor Society

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL 33102-6053

*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

[THREAD ID:1-5ZTA53]

Wrona - my kid is 8, maybe I can send her on down to Miami and see if she can work this out. :p

I'm sure she can do a better job than the people they currently have working on it.;)

We tried several times to have the Crown & Anchor department credit us for three cruises that we had taken in the eighties. However, we were advised that RCCL does not maintain records that far back, therefore we would have to provide proof in order to receive credit. A few weeks ago, we accidentally stumbled across our old passenger list from the Song of America '84 cruise down in our basement with our names and locality listed among the passengers. Needless to say, we were pretty happy as this is indisputable evidence that we were on the cruise. With the '86 and '88 cruises we had luggage tags, booking records, cruise compasses and RCCL passenger contracts. We mailed the entire package with a cover memo to the Crown & Anchor Department in Wichita, Kansas two weeks ago and hope to receive three additional credits each for these cruises. The adjustment will elevate us to Platinum, and after our two week IOS cruise in September we'll be more than halfway to Diamond.

Luckily, we did not toss out these old documents. For some reason I kept them, I guess to reminisce at some point. :) Anyway, before I get too happy, I have to make sure RCCL applies the credits. I find it somewhat baffling that a major corporation cannot maintain documents or information related to their passengers and core business. Based on the comments on this thread, it may be quite a while before we receive the proper credits.

Regards and good luck to all.

[quote name='mohavemommy'][I][B][COLOR="Navy"]I've said it before and I will say it again... if their system is so great that it can add these 'fuel supplements' so well then why can't they fix the C&A credits?[/COLOR][/B][/I][/QUOTE]

In case you were 1/2 way serious, the fuel surcharge benefits RCCL and the C&A credits benefit the passenger. 'nuff said...

[quote name='mpbmark']In case you were 1/2 way serious, the fuel surcharge benefits RCCL and the C&A credits benefit the passenger. 'nuff said...[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Teal"]I would think that both would benefit them since they would not have to field phone calls and emails asking why the website isn't fixed... and they wouldn't have upset repeat cruisers who constantly have to fight for the correct count. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think your analysis is correct, however, that does not appear to be the case. We are merely the frustrated past passengers, who by the way, represent the core group of business for the cruise lines. The ads for cruising (“Get out there”) and not aimed at us but rather the large group of people who have never cruised before. We past passengers are already hooked and don’t need to be persuaded to continue to cruise. Advertising wise, we cost the cruise lines nothing, but nevertheless, we seem to be less important, vis-a-vis past cruise credits, than obtaining a few dollars more to offset the increase in fuel prices.

And while we are on the subject of fuel surcharges, are we going to see a rollback in these charges if the price of fuel continues to decrease?

But I digress, so I will get down off my soapbox now. :rolleyes:

My TA has all of my dates of the cruises I went on. If not I am glad that I saved my seapass.
We have been working with them and if they have your # right on there side than that is what matters.
Darlene

[quote name='mohavemommy'][I][B][COLOR="Navy"]I've said it before and I will say it again... if their system is so great that it can add these 'fuel supplements' so well then why can't they fix the C&A credits?[/COLOR][/B][/I][/QUOTE]

hmmm, excellent point...

###

[quote name='mpbmark']I think your analysis is correct, however, that does not appear to be the case. We are merely the frustrated past passengers, who by the way, represent the core group of business for the cruise lines. The ads for cruising (“Get out there”) and not aimed at us but rather the large group of people who have never cruised before. We past passengers are already hooked and don’t need to be persuaded to continue to cruise. Advertising wise, we cost the cruise lines nothing, but nevertheless, we seem to be less important, vis-a-vis past cruise credits, than obtaining a few dollars more to offset the increase in fuel prices.

And while we are on the subject of fuel surcharges, are we going to see a rollback in these charges if the price of fuel continues to decrease?

But I digress, so I will get down off my soapbox now. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I read on the Carnival Board that they will stop the fuel surcharges when the price stays at or below $70/barrel for three months. Not sure if RCCL has the same policy. Has anyone seen anything in writing from Royal?

###

I believe the last time we saw $70 per barrel was about 1 year ago. Don't think that's coming back anytime soon. And then staying there or going lower over a 3 month period? I don't think so.

Yup, same problam as 10 months ago and 12 months ago and even a bit longer (wait, maybe it is just a year or so now).

They have a major IT problem and its pretty sad that they cant rectify it. As long as when you call them they have all the right info I have resigned myself to knowing my info on their web site will NEVER be right.

Archived