Change in Infinity's Alaska itinerary for next summer - sad!

Jenbo57

To the OP, I'm curious whether the new cruise/itinerary that you booked includes ISP? I was there on my first cruise - last June on Infinity. It was my favourite port (vs. Juneau and Ketchikan), mostly because it is so much less commercial.

How disappointing that it seems HAL is also dropping ISP from its itineraries as well? Does this mean that Celebrity is dropping it from all their itineraries? I guess I'm lucky I saw it when I did.

The Millennium North and South Alaska cruises still will do four ports, but the Infinity and Mercury only three each.

Alaska is a type of cruise that you will really need to get on the ground to fully appreciate the beauty of the state. I guess I am lucky I got there this year.

Anyone know why X changed the itinerary for the Infinity out of Seattle next summer? We booked as soon as the bookings opened -- was supposed to be Juneau, Hubbard Glacier, Icy Strait Point, Ketchikan and a brief stop in Victoria -- now they've dropped Icy Strait Point and we're doing an 8 hour stop in Victoria! I've canceled and rebooked with another line already (no desire to spend 8 hours in Victoria since I live so close); just wondering if anyone knows what prompted this. The gal I talked to when I called X to ask had no idea. *Sigh*

I know they also changed my stop in Acalpulco and replaced it with Puerta Vallerta.(which I am fine with)

and for our sailing there is no excursions in the PC. Not sure why they make these changes. I am fine with them in this case but I may call just to see if I get an answer.

To the OP, I'm curious whether the new cruise/itinerary that you booked includes ISP? I was there on my first cruise - last June on Infinity. It was my favourite port (vs. Juneau and Ketchikan), mostly because it is so much less commercial.

How disappointing that it seems HAL is also dropping ISP from its itineraries as well? Does this mean that Celebrity is dropping it from all their itineraries? I guess I'm lucky I saw it when I did.

No ISP, but three port calls in Alaska. Basically, we're on the same trip we took in '06 (Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway), except we're cruising the Sawyer Glacier instead of Hubbard.

We're cruising with two other couples who've never been to Alaska. I figured, it being an Alaska cruise, they'd want to see as much of Alaska as they could. Two stops in Alaska and 8 hours in Victoria just wasn't going to cut it. I was fine with canceling this one and booking with another line; I still just think it's kind of crummy that Celebrity wasn't planning on telling those of us who'd already booked that they'd changed the itinerary!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived