Anyone order a Regent Commemorative Album?

Could you answer a few questions? Some of the specifics are hard to determine in looking at the sample and FAQ.

How much is your personal content versus stock content?

Is there a word limit on captions?

Do you like the final product?

I'm up in the air about doing this or premaking my own now, and then adding pictures and journaling when I get home. The cost would really be about even - and the work involved too.

Thanks!

:mad: We did this album and really hated it. There is a lot of stock stuff that had to be included; i.e. diagram of the ship, a message from the president, recipes from countries that were not from any country we went to and the extremely unfriendly format and directions. My brother helped me put it together. He's got a PhD in physics and also computers are his strong point. He thought it was really bad.

Because our experience was so miserable, we also made a large Kodak album with our own pictures and captions. This is the album we look at and by the way, it was much cheaper.

I complained to Regent about it as I think it is a ripoff. I am very glad to have a public format warning future customers. Our trip was the Med in October 2007. Maybe they have sharpened up or have another company handling it so perhaps everything is now splendid.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll have to get busy this weekend and whip one up to take with me. I can get pictures printed along the way ( we're staying in Seattle a few days afterwards - I'm sure they have Walgreens!)and put them right in the book so it's ready for my family reunion the weekend after we get back!

A couple of months ago on the Alaska CC board My Publisher dot com was highly recomended . www.mypublisher.com/ The search is down so I can't look up the thread, the poster had completed the album and posted the link for all to check out her online version. You can order the hardcover one to be sent. It looked fabulous and she loved the completed project. This is high on my to do list now that our cruise is finished.

Archived