Seymour Narrows

GoofingOff

We are just back from a 7-night rt out of Vancouver and NB we went through SN around 10-11pm. IT was too dark to see anything. SB we went through the narrows at 8pm. Our captain did announce the time when we were going SB, but we had to ask for the NB. Guess they figured there was no use announcing it when it was too dark to see anything.

Thank you.:)

In early July on the NB Coral a few years ago - DH and pal in adjoining room were on the balcony at 1 AM as we were going through the narrows - very faint twilight - they enjoyed it greatly.

REALLY? that is a great idea. I would never have thought about that. The whole thing really fascinates me (I really don't know why) but I did all the research etc. I really am kind of apprehensive too' date=' but know that this is the norm for that area. I just have to trust in the captain. :D[/quote']

I suspect it will be too dark when we go to see anything.

Last year on Zaandam, the Captain made his daily announcements after sailaway from Vancouver. He mentioned we would reach SN around 230am and was taking the scenic route because we had time to kill. (It was also during high fuel prices so not needing to sail full ahead helped HALs balance sheet).

I unsuccessfully tried to stay up for SN...someone at our table the next day said they were awakened by a bright light in their window. It was a lighthouse not far abeam the ship.

On our cruise at least, the "navigational" announcements usually referenced the mileposts and pages in Alaska Cruise Companion.

I would love to see the lighthouse though.

Archived