Warning Viking Sky, Pride, Neptune category E cabins

vincent

To me cabin size and layout is important. We chose to go with Avalon for their 172 sq. ft. cabins. We had joined twin beds which were very comfortable and had plenty of storage space.

Yes, the itinerary is important and I that looking at both how the cabin is layed out along with the itinerary should be determined together. I do know of folks who have traveled on river cruises in small rooms and they had no complaint because they spent so little time in their rooms.

Thanks for the report on the Viking ships!!!

I agree with Cincy Al. If you know the size of the cabin before you go & are forewarned, you should be aware of the small size of the cabin & the type of bedding. That's something you should know before you book. On our Viking Russian cruise, the cabin was small, the bedding quite interesting, and the shower/bathroom took some getting used to, but since we knew about it, there were no surprises. Tennessee Traveler

I have traveled on the Viking Sky and even though I knew the square footage, I was still somewhat disappointed with the size of the cabin and that the windows did not open. I appreciate hearing from others, warnings or otherwise, about what they experienced. Not everyone is going to be able to "picture" the square footage in their heads. Maybe it's their fault they didn't read closer about the beds, etc. This is just one more reminder about what to be aware of. I am a little bit surprised that so many people seem to be a little put out about negative comments. For me, thank you, I appreciate hearing the good and the bad. It's very helpful.

No expression warning is needed. The exact size of cabins is VERY CLEAR in all Viking brochures. There is a reason that Cat E prices are lower.

how does the river boat cruises compare to the regular cruises. We have never been on the rivers and were thinking of them. They seem to be more expensive, but is that because they add in tours. Did you do your air on your own or with the line.

Archived