Advice re temperature in the restaurants please

debsjc

Although I don't go for 11 weeks yet, I am already thinking about what clothes to take :D

I was wondering how hot or cool the restaurants are in the evening?

I know on some ships I have needed an evening cardigan or jacket due to the air con.

Lightweight summer dresses would take up less space in my baggage, but I dont want to freeze. I'm on a Med route from Rome to Venice

Any advice would be appreciated - thank you

My wife and I found the Grand Dining Room on both Nautica and Regatta to be on the cool side. I often wore a cardigan sweater and she also often wore either a sweater or some other wrap.

We are both thin, so often find air-conditoned spaces cool.

DW travels with one of those humungous shawls she found in a gift shop and uses that as a colorful wrap for warmth. I carry a light knitted sweater or cardigan. Hey, I am old enough to wear one - but no pipe. lol

That shawl also serves as a locator beacon when I am ashore trying to take pix of our balcony.

575270551_Yellowshawl.jpg.cf7dfc4663eb578969ff29c87216d9d9.jpg

We were on the Nautica for 35 days in April/May and we found the main dining room to be very comfortable. I wore short sleeve summer outfits each night we dined there. We also dined 4 times in both Polo and Toscano and they were a little cooler but not enough for a jacket or wrap,

Of course each ship is different but overall the Nautica was a very comfortable temperature inside.

Jennie

We've been on two O cruises. I tend to be chilly, so always have a jacket with me. I only needed it at one table in Polo. The other times we ate in Polo we were at different tables and I was comfortable. The other dining venues were quite comfortable.

Take your summer dresses. I would pack some sort of light sweater or jacket that you can leave folded on your chair, just in case. (I don't know about you, but once I get chilly I can't enjoy my meal.)

I will be taking my 4th O cruise in January and have never been cold in the dining rooms. I wear short sleeved or sleeveless, lightweight tops, sometimes with a lightweight bolero over it (per photo above - sleeveless with bolero). I sometimes carry a shawl, but only tend to use it in the lounge. My DH wears short sleeved Hawaiian or golf-type shirts. He took a sport coat only on our cruise from Rome to Stockholm because of the expectd mix of weather, but only wore it once or twice to dinner in Polo and Toscana. Enjoy!

Betsy suffers from any sort of chill or draft. She takes jackets to the theater, never uses the air conditioning in her own car unless I'm with her (in Florida!), and we frequently change tables in restaurants until she finds one without a draft. I cannot think of anyone more sensitive to this.

While she usually carried a shawl or light wrap to dinner in the evening, I don't remember any special fuss -- she must have been generally comfortable (she's out of town, right now, so I can't ask her directly). We usually ate breakfast on the terrace and lunch either on the terrace or at Waves, so inside temperature was not a problem.

Archived